What's new

Adding glycerin to Clubman?

I love the scent of Clubman but I have dry skin and it isn’t great in the nourishment department. I have some pure vegetable glycerin and was considering adding a little to the bottle. What do you guys think? Will it destabilize the formula and get clumpy or otherwise ruin it?

I do it. Some people have told me glycerin is best in dry climates (like where I live) and can feel sticky in a humid place. I've found any aftershave that leaves my skin a little dry becomes very good with a little added glycerin though.

I love the scent of Clubman but I have dry skin and it isn’t great in the nourishment department. I have some pure vegetable glycerin and was considering adding a little to the bottle. What do you guys think? Will it destabilize the formula and get clumpy or otherwise ruin it?

One of my favorite finishers is a blend of Skin Bracer and Osage Rub and CeraVe. I don't like putting glycerin in aftershave because it's sticky while it dries and gets sticky again if you sweat. But I'll put CeraVe in aftershave. I've heard about guys putting Nozema hand lotion in aftershave - never tried that.

I added generic store brand witch hazel to it also. Doesn't hurt it one bit.

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Aloe and glycerin...

proxy.php

Three things you should be able to add are aloe, glycerin and witch hazel. Of course, adding either will diminish the scent of Clubman, but the face feel will be improved.

Top Bottom