What's new

Adams Vintage Tech Ball End?

Interesting. The knurling always looked like a English Tech except I never saw one with a ball end, but this settles it. Weird that Gillette ever sold a version without the engraving on the cap. Great research!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Clicked on the BIN and ended up with three of these. I'll keep one and the other two will be good gifts for friends who have been talking about getting in to wet shaving.

I was at Mr Razor and found an identical match except for being made in the USA - 1979 Tech "Z4", ball end alum handle with same knurl pattern, no logo on cap, and one Platinum Plus blade. Interestingly, the rest of the alum handle English Techs with this knurling pattern don't have a ball end

proxy.php

That blue card Z code Tech is not made in the US. It is absolutely the same as the Clay Adams. I have one still sealed on the card and one unpacked that I have been using for years. The head has the same card insert, that says head is made in England and the razor is assembled in the US. The aluminium handle could be made in the US, but there is nothing that proves it.

Top Bottom