What's new

Adam18 Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Adam18

111547.jpg

@Adam18 has been a member of B&B since Jul 31, 2016

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I first got interested in "traditional wet shaving" during the early summer 2016 after a visit to our local Art of Shaving store. When I got back home, I googled "traditional shaving" and fell upon our Badger & Blade website. I became a member in late July, mainly because of the happy feelings I got while perusing the forums.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I am a general dentist and have been in practice in my village since 1990. It is a "two doctor" private practice, which we own ourselves.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I was born and raised in Queens, New York City, but have lived in Upstate New York (Capital District -- Albany area) since 1985. What do I like the most ? Too many things to list, buy the natural beauty of our area and the ability to enjoy life's pleasures so close to home are both very special.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

A toss up between Paris France and Jerusalem Israel. Although a cottage on the beach in Key West Florida, with Jimmy Buffet singing close by, would also be pretty cool.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

I am an "audiophile" who still listens to jazz, classical, and good old fashioned rock & roll on vinyl LP's, through tube amplification and tower speakers. I am also an avid golfer, exercise nut, reader of novels and history books, aficionado of fine wines and single malt scotch, amateur gourmet chef and foodie, and fan of traditional shaving.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

My favorite all time band is the Grateful Dead, and my "guru" is Jerry Garcia.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

Bill Clinton

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

Make the COVID pandemic disappear, then travel around the world with my wife.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

Being a good man, taking care of my family and my patients.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

Eternal health.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

My dog Yogi, the most loved dog in the whole wide world !

13. What kind of music do you like?

Everything except rap and hip hop.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Professor Harold Hill from "The Music Man."

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

"Adam ..... A Good Man Who Loved His Family and Led an Honest Life."

Adam, I was brought here because of the thread you posted in the General Shaving section. I would have eventually posted here thanking you for your interview, but your other thread brought me here sooner. I've enjoyed the positivity of your posts throughout the years. You are a kind soul on a journey that looks for others on the journey. As we pass, may we give each other warmth & joy through the love we share.

And Professor Harlod Hill and the Dead? It doesn't get any better than that!!!

And Professor Harlod Hill and the Dead? It doesn't get any better than that!!!

”Seventy Six Trombones Led The Big Parade …..” and “Playing In The Band …..”. Hey, why not ? LOL ! And thank you for your lovely comments. Coming from you Mr. dmshver, it’s quite an honor !

Top Bottom