What's new

Active Duty/Veteran PIF

Black Watch eh? Get much drinking done? :lol:

It's a real shame the amount of history and tradition lost in the amalgamations, especially with what's now the SCOTS.

Let's just say that my liver hated me then. It is a shame how things get reorganized and history is lost.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I'm in as well. I've been in now for about 17-1/2 years now. I am thankful though that no one close to me has lost a life in a combat situation. However, one of my best friends and mentor lost his life during a home invasion a few years back after having returned from Iraq. May he rest in peace.

R/
Dave

This has probably run it's course but since there is only one more day left, I will let it ride in case others want to get in on this.

Not in. Great PIF, and many thanks to all that served and are still serving. Most in my family have served. Many uncles served, now gone, my father and mother both. My mother was the first Filipino in Hawaii to enlist in the WAC's after Hawaii was attacked by the Japanese. My twin brother enlisted in the Marines in '69. I enlisted in the Air Force right after High School in 1968 and became a medic and stayed in until after Vietnam ended and got out in 1976 to go to school. To this day, I cannot hear Taps played and it not bring tears to my eyes. God bless to all.

Mike

So I want to thank all of you, whether you are in or not in, for sharing with me some moment about the your military careers. This is just my little way to get members to think about the sacrifice that some have made for all of us.

At any rate...in just a few moments I will pic a winner...good luck to all!

I'm in.

USAF from 1990-2010. For Memorial Day, remembering some KIAs from my community...
Tim Hahn, killed in the Khobar Tower bombing
Ried Nishizuka, killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan just last year.

Congratulations to [MENTION=110334]BassPlayerBoz[/MENTION] ! I will send you a PM momentarily. If you see this first shoot me an address where I can send this to. Happy Memorial Day Boz and Happy Memorial Day to all you Veterans who carry on the memories of those less fortunate than us!

Top Bottom