What's new

Active Duty / Veteran Comment Thread

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Here is a Thread where you may welcome and comment on new members of the Group Veteran and Active Duty Military.

In order to sign up for your Active Duty / Veteran Tag, please visit this thread:

Jim:
1. USA
2. US Army: 1979-2003
3. SFC / E-7
4. 92G40 (prior 94B), Senior Food Service Sergeant / 11B20 Infantry Sergeant

Operations:
Dessert Shield/Storm - Iraq
Provide Comfort - Northern Iraq
IFOR/SFOR - Bosnia-Herzegovina
Operation Joint Guardian - Kosovo

$3.jpg

I retired out of Fort Drum, NY (I was in 2-14 Inf Regt [Golden Dragons], 2nd Brigade Combat Team),...Hooah!!!
proxy.php
View attachment 1551586
proxy.php
"You will never know the true nature of your citizenship, until your nation calls you to Serve". CBJ
Thanks for defending us against that dread Chocolate cake army ;)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Jim:
1. USA
2. US Army: 1979-2003
3. SFC / E-7
4. 92G40 (prior 94B), Senior Food Service Sergeant / 11B20 Infantry Sergeant

Operations:
Dessert Shield/Storm - Iraq
Provide Comfort - Northern Iraq
IFOR/SFOR - Bosnia-Herzegovina
Operation Joint Guardian - Kosovo

$3.jpg

I retired out of Fort Drum, NY (I was in 2-14 Inf Regt [Golden Dragons], 2nd Brigade Combat Team),...Hooah!!!
proxy.php
View attachment 1551586
proxy.php
"You will never know the true nature of your citizenship, until your nation calls you to Serve". CBJ

“An army, like a serpent, goes upon its belly,”
- Frederic II of Prussia.

"Few men know how important it is in war for soldiers not to be kept waiting for their rations; and what vast events depend upon an army’s not going into action before it has had its coffee."
- Marshall McMahon

Upon being asked what a soldier most needed in war, Napoleon answered "A full belly and a good pair of shoes.”

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
“An army, like a serpent, goes upon its belly,”
- Frederic II of Prussia.

"Few men know how important it is in war for soldiers not to be kept waiting for their rations; and what vast events depend upon an army’s not going into action before it has had its coffee."
- Marshall McMahon

Upon being asked what a soldier most needed in war, Napoleon answered "A full belly and a good pair of shoes.”
Jim:
+1...just like logistics in any Service...it's all about the 3 B's of taking care of Service members;

Beans 🫘
Bullets
& Blankets

proxy.php
"All army's travels on its stomach". CBJ

Last edited:
Very cool to see the badges back.

As a Reservist many years ago and growing up in PMQs (Dad was Air force), I know some (not all) of the sacrifices not only you, but your spouse's, family and loved ones have made over the years.

Thank you all for your service!

Top Bottom