What's new

Acquistions Monday Nov 7- Sun Nov 13

full

Only the straight is new...a A'lpin 'Coupe Toujours...a 6/8 blade of lethal energy!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
rtaylor61 said:
Nick,

Very nice! Let us know what you think of the soaps!

Randy
Randy,

Thanks! It wouldn't have been possible without your 'encouragement' in the Shopping forum. :wink:

Upon opening the box of soaps, I was immediately surprised at how pleasingly fragrant they were. The Almond Cold Cream and the Jockey Club smelled fantastic, and lead to me sitting in front of the TV for half an hour repeatedly sniffing the soaps. Upon first sniff, I wasn't at all impressed with the #6 which was disappointing due to my fondness for our founding fathers (if Jefferson or Madison had a soap, I'd buy it too... heck, I'd even buy some John Jay).

I decided I'd use the #6 first to get it out of the way. I've used it three times (I'm slow to post my pictures, I know), and I was very pleasantly surprised. The scent from the soap/lather was completely different from the unopened soap in the box. The lather is rich, and the smell is invigorating. I usually get the value pack of Irish Spring Aloe from Costco, and when I look at my half used bar in the shower (next to the #6), I simply have no desire to use it. We'll see how happy I am with it after a week or two of use, but so far, I'm kicking myself for unsuspectingly stumbling upon yet another pricey toiletry that will probably become part of my regular purchasing routine.

-Nick

I went into a trance today and ended up ordering two C&E brushes - the cute little best badger and the bigger super badger. Darn sales.

Hello Scotto,

I use the Baxter shampoo; I love the strong mint scent. Does the Baxter body wash also have a mint scent?

Cheers,

Richard
Plain-Old TX

Hello Nick,

Excellent choice in soaps! I have to say that the C-M bath soaps are my best soaps. They are triple-milled and hold their scent down to the sliver. I bought a variety 12 pack last Christmas (on sale then for $60 vs $80) and still have more than half of the bars left. I think patchouli is currently on the shower soap dish.

I do use shower gels most of the time, but a soap bar is a nice change.

Asquithe & Somerset would be my second favorite soap brand. They last much longer than the C-M bars, but their scent disappears quickly.

Anyway, good purchase.

Cheers,
Richard
TX

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello Scotto,

I use the Baxter shampoo; I love the strong mint scent. Does the Baxter body wash also have a mint scent?

Cheers,

Richard
Plain-Old TX

Richard, that particular Baxters wash is Italian Lime & Pomegranite. I currently have the Bergamot/Pear in my shower rotation. Nice scent, but no mint in the bodywash lineup.

Scotto said:
I went into a trance today and ended up ordering two C&E brushes - the cute little best badger and the bigger super badger. Darn sales.

Scotto:

I now own those two brushes as well and they are excellent!
Enjoy

Jerry

Randy: Great minds and all that... :biggrin:

Richard: Just from my first several uses, I can whole-heartedly agree. The scent shows no signs of withering, and the bar itself is a behemoth that isn't showing much deterioration in its mass either. It seemed pretty pricey, but if it lasts as long as it appears it might, the price per shower won't be that bad.

-Nick

Top Bottom