What's new

Acquisitons September 14 - 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pics yet, but I just picked up a perfect-condition badger brush that has a white handle and says "STERILIZED - MADE IN ENGLAND" for $1.00 and a perfect-sized blue shaving mug with gold leaf on the top rim and a CAESARS POCONO RESORT graphic with Julius' head on the side in gold leaf for just another $0.25 at an antique shop.

They also had a GEM Micromatic in rough shape that I passed on and a gold Superspeed that I would have gotten except for some gold plating loss on the silo doors...otherwise it would have cleaned up VERY nicely...they were both $5.00 each.

FINALLY I am beginning to see some in antiques shops!

I have been using a boar brush, so this is my first badger brush. Cleaned it and used it....very nice...although since its handle is too slim to hang from my shaving stand, I'm going to keep it for a travel brush. It DOES seem a little on the small side, but hey, it was badger for a buck! Looking at some reviews on here, it looks like it may be a Simpson brush, although I do not see Simpson on the logo, the rest of the logo looks exactly the same.

Last edited:
got my Gillette fat handle Tech in the mail today along with a tub of Dragon's Blood Mama Bear soap. also have some Tabac on the way.

missed out on a Gillette Milord auction this morning. stupid computer choked up on me when I was trying to put in my bid :(

proxy.php

t&h soap in the bowl
trumpers limes in the bowl
speick stick
speick lotion

and............................................................
proxy.php
proxy.php

its a little rough, but at an age of ~180 im not surprised.

No pics as my camera battery is on charge :frown:

Latest order came in from MensBiz.
Geo.F.Trumper Sandalwood Skinfood
4 packs Personna Red Pack Israeli Blades
Got a free sample of T&H West Indian Limes aftershave balm :w00t::w00t:
Not too sure if I want to try the aftershave, T&H stuff costs mega $$ and I am worried that I will like :biggrin::biggrin:

Picked up a bottle of C.O. Bigelow Black Cologne a few days ago and got L'Occitane Vetyver today.

markb, that brush looks great!

from Truefitt & Hill:

T & H Spanish Leather Cologne
& cologne sample pack (Clubman, Grafton, Freshman, 1805, Trafalgar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom