What's new

Acquisitions October 19-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my newest aquisitions.1.D.Corrado double leather strop.2.Gillette pocket edition.3.W+B 7/8ths near wedge american razor.4.Boker red injun 5/8ths full hollow.5.Forged deep in the heart of sheffield one razor to rule them all.

I already had the Old Spice razor, so was glad to find this Old Spice stand & brush. I am wondering if the brush had ever been used since it still has a strong boar odor(I used it a couple of times before I took this picture). Anyone have any idea about the Ever-Ready brush...it is a C40 and although it must be old, I wonder if it's been used. Does anyone know if a C40 is badger or boar (the stripe goes all the way through instead of just on the outside of the bristles like I've seen on some fake badgers. Wasn't really looking for another shaving brush, but couldn't turn down the Col Conk.Thanks for any info, guys.View attachment 71929

View attachment 71931

View attachment 71932

I posted a thread in the brush forum, but I was lucky enough to win a Baxter Blue silver tip brush in the carnival :biggrin:

proxy.php

from member dojohnso:

proxy.php

this is wonderful - the Finest Silver Tip is quite different from the [just] Silver Tip LE.

Thanks to Doug, thanks B&B!

Along with:

Rooney 1/2 (my second)
Semogue 1520 Boar
Kent BK4
Irisch Moos shave stick
TOBS St. James shave stick...

I bought this all-original Wade & Butcher Celebrated - thanks again to Aquanin (Russell) for the awesome cleanup!

proxy.php

Nice bowl! Did you pick the up on fleabay? I was watching an auction with one of these for sale and almost pulled the trigger.

Yep! Almost passed on it too. I couldn't really decide what it was worth. It's very nice. The EF looks good in it.

Was doing a little browsing this AM at a local antique mall and found a Double Ring and a Frankenrazor. The Double Ring is in decent shape unfortunately a prior owner beveled the inner tube to accommodate the thinner blades. Oh well, for $4 I wasn't going to complain. The Frankenrazor has the head of a New Improved with a hex handle. $4 as well. Also paid $5 for an empty Penhaligons bottle- needed to decant some juice.

All in all not a bad trip.

Just picked up a nice slim adjustable L-2. You can't really see it, but it's there on my other new acquisition, a mirror with frame and shelving from the antique shop. It's my new shave den addition, to go with my medicine cabinet. I have never seen anything like the mirror, it's from the late 1940's, and I really love it.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Just picked up a nice slim adjustable L-2. You can't really see it, but it's there on my other new acquisition, a mirror with frame and shelving from the antique shop. It's my new shave den addition, to go with my medicine cabinet. I have never seen anything like the mirror, it's from the late 1940's, and I really love it.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Damn I wish I was loaded.That is just the sweetest setup.

Got a nice sample puck of Lavender Shaving Soap from Susie just a couple of days ago.

The soap is devine...I must say

Thanks Susie

Last edited:
I had kept the AD's at bay for several months, but indulged last week.

Rooney Heritage Beehive brush
CF Lavender cream (travel size)
CF Lavender ASB (travel size)
CF 1445 ASB (travel size)
Feather blades
Shark blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom