What's new

Acquisitions Oct. 29 to Nov. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Big score for me this week. Some of this was actually last week, but I didn't post it then. I got my free gift from Sue at Saint Charles Shave for taking second place in her "Candy Corn" email contest. This included her New Spice Shower gel, soap, and aftershave milk.
Today was a big day, though. In the mail waiting for me were 3 soaps from Honeybee (Violet, Lime, and Lavender). And finally, my Fatboy from MTgrayling arrived today. The date code is E4, which I believe is 1959. It looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is a deal or not, but got the tech (like new apparently) for $8 and the kit (great/unused apparently) for $11.

*edit* lol I didn't even realize, the one in the kit is a Tech too isn't it? It didn't have it in the description and I just bid on it without really thinking.

4 more bars of MWF bar soap
Dovo hair scissors
Dovo thinning scissors

You starting a barber's shop?

Or is that you've spent so much on shaving gear that you now cut your family's hair as a cost saving measure?

Not sure if this is a deal or not, but got the tech (like new apparently) for $8 and the kit (great/unused apparently) for $11.

*edit* lol I didn't even realize, the one in the kit is a Tech too isn't it? It didn't have it in the description and I just bid on it without really thinking.

Yes, I'd say you got a good deal - nice razors!

The OC in the middle looks a lot like the MP razor that comes in the pretty razor tin MP sells. Doesn't shave at all though.

Spoke to Charles - Mr. QED. Bought 1 tub of Sandlewood soap, 1 Vetiver Stick and some Musgo Real AS. What I learned - any phone purchase with Charles takes 40 minutes. But I truly enjoyed the 40 minutes. Great wealth of info and a fellow admirer of Vetiver Neat. Should have by next Monday. Pics to follow. Also talked about Brushes, my new AD, and Vetiver, my other new AD. I loves me some Vetiver - VAD. I think that is a new one.

Spoke to Charles - Mr. QED. Bought 1 tub of Sandlewood soap, 1 Vetiver Stick and some Musgo Real AS. What I learned - any phone purchase with Charles takes 40 minutes. But I truly enjoyed the 40 minutes. Great wealth of info and a fellow admirer of Vetiver Neat. Should have by next Monday. Pics to follow. Also talked about Brushes, my new AD, and Vetiver, my other new AD. I loves me some Vetiver - VAD. I think that is a new one.

Call him back quick and add his ASB w/ vetiver E/O to your order! It's a must-have with the vetiver stick...:thumbup:

Call him back quick and add his ASB w/ vetiver E/O to your order! It's a must-have with the vetiver stick...:thumbup:

I'm not a huge fan of vetiver generally, but I do enjoy the QED ASBs, so I think this is a good recommendation for a vetiver fan.

I'm not a huge fan of vetiver generally, but I do enjoy the QED ASBs, so I think this is a good recommendation for a vetiver fan.

I'll admit it's an acquired taste.....I use a very small amount mixed w/ Thayer's WH. A little definitely goes a long way.

Honeybee Sue goodness in today's mail:

4 shave soaps in jar (3.5oz)... cherry pipe tobacco, coconut lime, yuzu, & orange burst

plus a shower gel: lemon verbena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom