What's new

Acquisitions Monday Nov 28 - Sunday Dec 4

Well Gents, you've survived another Black Friday and are well on your way to The Yuletide Shopping Extravaganza. Don't allow the level of Acquisition hormone to drop now! Get out there and ACQUIRE!
 
full


Monterey Soap Company - Bowl of Honey Almond Oatmeal, refill - Morning Mint & another cake of Honey Almond Oatmeal (smelled so amazing, I had to buy 2)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to see your review on this Monterey stuff. Reasonably priced and not all run-of-the-mill scents. Honey Almond sounds terrific if it works.
 
Got my Baudelaire soaps order today!

PS Soap in cool clay bowl
Green tea aftershave
Green tea cologne
Vervain and Linden facial scrub

They threw in an extra shave soap (!) and a sample of olive oil bath soap.
I gotta tell you guys, this is some of the best smelling mens stuff I have had arrive in a long while. I think the 20% off sale is still on - act now!

After smelling the soap and scrub, I am regretting not picking up the matching aftershave and cologne....
 
My buddies at UPS were out to slow roll this delivery. Only 10 days from the East Coast to the Territories..

full


From left to right:
  • QED Grapefruit Peppermint sample stick
  • QED Anise Lavender sample stick
  • QED Violetta (The Rarest Star in the QED Firmament)
  • Savile Row 3128 Silvertip
  • QED Rose Geranium shave stick
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Scotto said:
Got my Baudelaire soaps order today!

PS Soap in cool clay bowl
Green tea aftershave
Green tea cologne
Vervain and Linden facial scrub

They threw in an extra shave soap (!) and a sample of olive oil bath soap.
I gotta tell you guys, this is some of the best smelling mens stuff I have had arrive in a long while. I think the 20% off sale is still on - act now!

After smelling the soap and scrub, I am regretting not picking up the matching aftershave and cologne....


Scotto, How is the Green tea cologne?
 
So much great stuff this week that I'd probably like to own as well. All of the above truly overshadows the Men-U Premier Synthetic Brush and Shower Gel I received today..
 
Scotto said:
Charles must have unlocked the vault to come up with that Violetta. Good show! Grapefruit and peppermint sounds nice. That may have to be my next QED scent. Fire up that Silvertip and let us know how it works!
Your wish is my command!
 
Bill Ellis just finished putting some beautifully handcrafted scales on a this old Concave Razor, one of my favorite daily shavers. Wow! I'm delighted with the desert ironwood scales. Thanks again Bill!

Hal

proxy.php
 
roughrider said:
Scotto, How is the Green tea cologne?

I have hated pretty much every green tea cologne I have tried (R&G, L'O, ..), but I really like this one. Not too sweet, subtle, and refreshing. It's a steal for $12, and with the 20% off it is a no-brainer. The aftershave is nice also (alcohol-free).
 
Hello Hal,

Beautiful razor indeed. I am not an experienced str8 user by any means. I only have 8 safe shaves with a Feather and ProGuard blades under my belt so far, so I was wondering:

Is there any purpose for the "concave" indentation at the end of the razor? Almost looks like it will fit under the ear lobe for some careful trimming, or perhaps under the nose for upper lip work? Just guessing; don't know.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
 
guenron said:
My buddies at UPS were out to slow roll this delivery. Only 10 days from the East Coast to the Territories..

full


From left to right:
  • QED Grapefruit Peppermint sample stick
  • QED Anise Lavender sample stick
  • QED Violetta (The Rarest Star in the QED Firmament)
  • Savile Row 3128 Silvertip
  • QED Rose Geranium shave stick

Ron,

That was an evil, evil thing you did showing off that Violetta. Evil to us, and evil to poor Charles who is now having to explain to his desperate customers that the rumor that Violetta is available again is untrue.

Shame on you!

Mike, who only wanted a jar of Violetta but had to settle for:

a bowl of Prosaso soap,
a bottle of Proraso AS lotion,
a jar of Proraso pre/post,
a jar of QED Sandlewood,
a QED B&B Shave Stick,
a QED Patchouli-Tea Tree-Peppermint Shave Stick,
a 9 oz. bottle of DaVinci water,
a pound of French Green Clay,
2 Cobalt Blue atomizers,
a bottle of Pacific Shave Oil, and
a Partridge in a pear tree.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
murchmb said:
Ron,

That was an evil, evil thing you did showing off that Violetta. Evil to us, and evil to poor Charles who is now having to explain to his desperate customers that the rumor that Violetta is available again is untrue.

Shame on you!

Mike, who only wanted a jar of Violetta but had to settle for:

a bowl of Prosaso soap,
a bottle of Proraso AS lotion,
a jar of Proraso pre/post,
a jar of QED Sandlewood,
a QED B&B Shave Stick,
a QED Patchouli-Tea Tree-Peppermint Shave Stick,
a 9 oz. bottle of DaVinci water,
a pound of French Green Clay,
2 Cobalt Blue atomizers,
a bottle of Pacific Shave Oil, and
a Partridge in a pear tree.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
 
Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello Hal,

Beautiful razor indeed. I am not an experienced str8 user by any means. I only have 8 safe shaves with a Feather and ProGuard blades under my belt so far, so I was wondering:

Is there any purpose for the "concave" indentation at the end of the razor? Almost looks like it will fit under the ear lobe for some careful trimming, or perhaps under the nose for upper lip work? Just guessing; don't know.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
Hi Richard,

That's a good question. It's called a barber's notch and is found on many of the older razors--wedges or partial grinds. I'm not sure what it is used for, but it may have been intended to help the barber control the end of the blade with his thumb or edge of his forefinger.

I'm quite interested in those Feather straight razors. I have contemplated getting one for traveling.

Hal
 
Thank you, Hal.

That notch may just be for a fingertip or some sort of guide.

I am quite pleased with the Feather Artist RG ($99) so far. And I do like the ProGuard blades. I plan on using up all 15 in the cartridge as my hand technique improves. Since I only use it on weekends and days off when I am not in a hurry, the blade pack should last a while. Maybe I will order a pack of the Professionals along with another ProGuard set at refill time.

Sometime next year I may pick up a real str8 and strop. Maybe.

If you buy the Artist RG and find it is not to your liking, I am sure it would be easy to sell on the forums. A lot of people are interested in the Feather, but aren't too keen on spending $99 for the inexpensive model, plus $11-15 for a blade cartridge, just to try it.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
 
Hello All,

Today was a very modest score. Some Nancy Boy products arrived by DHL.

Body wash, shave cream and night cream. The ultramarine night cream was a free gift with a first order and for joining the Nancy Boy Club. Membership nabs you discounts, internet specials and monthly newsletters.

Tried the body wash tonight. Great mint scent. Like showering with Thin Mints, but without the chocolaty mess :smile: ! Perfect compliment to my mint Baxter shampoo.

Will try the shave cream in a few days and the night cream during the next few nights.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

full
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Visited The Soap Opera today. Picked up:

C&E Sandalwood Shave Soap in Wooden Bowl
C&E Nomad Shave Soap in Wooden Bowl
Musgo Real Shaving Cream

Musgo Real After Shave Splash with Glycerin in the snazzy Cork Packaging. They were well stocked of the old packaging. Well worth an email or call for those of you desiring this. I'll simple funnel the new product into the old packaging when it needs replacement.

The Soap Opera Himalaya w /Shea Butter & Soy Shaving Soap - 107g.
Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Toner

Helped make the day not so crummy.
 
joel said:
full


Monterey Soap Company - Bowl of Honey Almond Oatmeal, refill - Morning Mint & another cake of Honey Almond Oatmeal (smelled so amazing, I had to buy 2)
Sounds incredible. Do the bowls come with lids?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
full

Front Row: Timor 6/8 Straight Razor,
Back rowl, left to right: St. Charles Sandalwood Shaving Soap (you'll noticed I did NOT melt it!), Escada Magnetism EDT, Azzaro Pure Lavender EDT, L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap refill.

Randy
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom