What's new

Acquisitions Monday Nov 21 - Sunday Nov 27

Greetings Gents,
Well it is not as though I did not warn you! Here it is the eve of Black Friday, the busiest retail day of the year. I hope that you have all of your e-tail orders in. Gads, 10 days from Rhode Island to the Mecca of Wet Shaving on UPS! Can you believe that? And it is only going to get worse as the days tick away until the 24th of December. Well good luck and good shopping. Hopefully you all have a great deal to be thankful for on Thanksgiving.
Hmm. Let me check the ol' GPS. Where is that brush? Highway 22 and....:wink2:

Greetings Gentlemen,

Here are some pics of my latest razor acquisition:

A Bill Ellis +6/8 special. Old steel with custom scales

The scales are constructed from the following material:

The white is linen micarta. The bands are fiber spacing material for knives... and the red is dyed and stabilized curly maple. The kind where you rotate it and watch the bands move all around. They are metal lined with a green bead at the third pin position.

Another modest score so far this week:

St Charles New Spice Soap and bowl, New Spice lotion and New Spice cologne,
http://www.saintcharlesshave.com.

Plus some Woods of Windsor soap, http://www.englishfragrances.com.

Reviews to follow soon. Stay tuned.

Cheers, y'all

Richard
Plano TX

PS Yes, Rik, a beauty of a razor. We do need to see your collection!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
roughrider said:
Very nice Rik. One of these days, you need to take a picture of your fine collection.

One of these days I'll get the 'ol camera out and try to take a picture(s) that does these razors justice. It sure would be cool to know the history of all of our razors. I have a str8 from the mid 1700s that I'd love to know more about the individuals who used it.

Hello Gents,

Christmas came a bit early, or should I say everything came in at one time!

Caswell-Massey - Almond talc, gardenia talc, lime talc, verbena talc, Sandalwood lotion, Musgo shave cream. Waited two months for the lotion to come in. Needed to replenish the talcs. Girl at C-M gave me a free 1752 black eyeglass case and samples. Used that 20% off offer.

L'Occitane - CADE shave soap, CADE aftershave and CADE Body & Hair Shower Gel. Got a free bar of bath soap, lavender using a coupon. Girl gave me lots of CADE shave cream samples.

QED - T&H Limes shower gel, T&H 1805 shower gel, 3 shave stick samples and my Savile Row 3326 silvertip brush. Will post a review after I use it a bit. Even unbloomed, it looks and feels great. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Richard
Good Hunting in Texas Today

full

Richard - nice haul!!

Got in an order from QED today including:

Black leather razor case
Lavender shave stick
Rose stick - trial size
French green clay
Savile Row 2136 silvertip brush

Unfortunately, I won't get to try out the new brush tomorrow - traveling. I'll let you know what I think a little later.

Jerry

full

full

DoubleE said:
Richard - nice haul!!

Got in an order from QED today including:

Black leather razor case
Lavender shave stick
Rose stick - trial size
French green clay
Savile Row 2136 silvertip brush

Unfortunately, I won't get to try out the new brush tomorrow - traveling. I'll let you know what I think a little later.

Jerry

I didn't know charles offered trial sizes. That's pretty cool!

Hello All,

A late arrival by USPS yesterday. A blue handled Gillette non-adjustable DE, 4 1/4 " long. Got it off eBay. The seller, jefnvic96, has another one up for bids, Item #6581209528, if someone is interested. I just like these long-handled Gillettes; they fit my hand better than the short ones.

The second photo shows the blue GIllette, second from bottom, compared to a shortie Gillette, the Merkur and a ladies' Gillette.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving,
Richard
Plano TX

full

full

This week I splurged on a couple of nice razors from Bill Ellis that he was offering at his website: www.billysblades.com. The hefty 7.5/8 Rudolf Stehlo, with nice transparent red scales, was too beautiful to refuse. My second acquisition was a 6/8 Dubl Duck Bresduck No. 1 with three-pinned celluloid scales. These Bresducks are exceptional shavers. I'm looking forward to receiving both of these razors in the coming week. Hal

proxy.php

proxy.php

Rik,

That's one fine look'n Torrey razor you got from Bill! Torrey blades make exceptional shavers. Yours is not only nice to look at, but it's sure to be great to shave with.

Hal

halwilson said:
Rik,

That's one fine look'n Torrey razor you got from Bill! Torrey blades make exceptional shavers. Yours is not only nice to look at, but it's sure to be great to shave with.

Hal

Greetings Hal,

Bill certainly is an artist! Thanks for the feedback on the Torrey blade - it's my first one. Those are beautiful razors you picked up. All of his razors must have sold fast. I saw his post later in the day and everything was sold. Let us know how the Rudolf Stehlo shaves.

Top Bottom