What's new

Acquisitions Monday May 8 - Sunday May 14

Was given some C&E Soap in wooden dish as a gift.

proxy.php

I've heard good things about C&E soaps, and have enjoyed the C&E creams I've tried... but Nomad really isn't my favourite scent (it is fairly strong). However, I guess it is worth trying. Maybe I'll learn to enjoy C&E soaps as much as I enjoy the creams (though I really don't know if I'll be able to get used to the Nomad scent).

BTW, does anybody know how to get that awful sticker off of the bowl without leaving a big mess? It is a really nice bowl, but the sticker looks ... well, cheap.

NMMB said:

I've heard good things about C&E soaps, and have enjoyed the C&E creams I've tried... but Nomad really isn't my favourite scent (it is fairly strong). However, I guess it is worth trying. Maybe I'll learn to enjoy C&E soaps as much as I enjoy the creams (though I really don't know if I'll be able to get used to the Nomad scent).

BTW, does anybody know how to get that awful sticker off of the bowl without leaving a big mess? It is a really nice bowl, but the sticker looks ... well, cheap.

NMMB:

First of all, the price was right!!! It's hard to beat free. Totally agree with the sticker looking cheap. I have one that's off-center as well! I've never tried to remove it but I bet it's no easy task.

I really enjoy the C&E soaps and I think they perform well. I would rate them just under my Trumper's soaps but I consistently get plentiful, slick lather from them as well as a great shave.

NMMB said:

full

I pulled mine off... and look at the result! I am sure a little alcohol, or some "goo gone" would work... but I have been too lazy. :smile: :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
NMMB said:

proxy.php

I personally love the Nomad scent. If you're not happy with it, I'd suggest you take to a local C&E store and ask them to exchange it for a different scent or pay the extra and get a jar of cream. My local C&E has a very nice staff and I've returned/exchanged items several times without any problems.

Sorry, no pictures, but most of you have seen this critter before. Last night when I came home from work, the package had arrived. My first DE razor, the favourite of many here, the Merkur HD.

I took it out of the box - so much weight for such a small machine. So shiny. I opened it, I studied the inside. I closed it. I rubbed it against my face. It just feels right.

It came with a wrapped single blade and and a pack of 10 Merkur replacements.

How can I adore this thing when I haven't even shaved with it yet? Is there something wrong with me?

Anyway, due to a rather busy weekend, Sunday will be the big day. I'm ready with some Tom's of Main (thanks Kyle), my beautiful HD, and a new outlook on shaving.

Here's to good shaving thoughs. Wish me luck.

Peace,

Pierre

vox_rox said:
It came with a wrapped single blade and and a pack of 10 Merkur replacements.

Pierre

Pierre,
For the love of god DO NOT use the "single blade" that came with the razor!! That is in my opinion why some guys drop DE shaving after the first try! Basically the blade rattles around in the box and dulls the heck out of it, thus making it rather "un-smooth." Try a fresh blade from the pack of 10 for the most enjoyable shave :smile:

joel said:
Pierre,
For the love of god DO NOT use the "single blade" that came with the razor!!

Actually, after hours of reading this forum, I had already come to that conclusion as well, but thanks for the WARNING!!! Nothing like all caps and slammers to get my attention. And, you know, I feel so loved since I started posting to B&B, what a bizarre yet sublime place.

And, just on a side note, I'm a bit of a heathen, so I'll accept the "for the love of god" portion as simply the strong modifier for the phrase "DO NOT use the..."

If god really did love me, would he have allowed me to use a combination of a Trac II and a Phillips electric shaver for the last several years? Hmmm? Is that a loving, caring god? I think NOT.

Still, thanks for the sage advice, the razor will be donated to the annual children's toy drive this Christmas. I mean, there's hours of fun in every blade. Am I right? (yeah, I'm joking.)

Thanks again for the mention, I'll start fresh with a new blade form the 10 pack.

Take care.

Peace,

Pierre

vox_rox said:
Actually, after hours of reading this forum, I had already come to that conclusion as well, but thanks for the WARNING!!! Nothing like all caps and slammers to get my attention. And, you know, I feel so loved since I started posting to B&B, what a bizarre yet sublime place.

And, just on a side note, I'm a bit of a heathen, so I'll accept the "for the love of god" portion as simply the strong modifier for the phrase "DO NOT use the..."

If god really did love me, would he have allowed me to use a combination of a Trac II and a Phillips electric shaver for the last several years? Hmmm? Is that a loving, caring god? I think NOT.

Still, thanks for the sage advice, the razor will be donated to the annual children's toy drive this Christmas. I mean, there's hours of fun in every blade. Am I right? (yeah, I'm joking.)

Thanks again for the mention, I'll start fresh with a new blade form the 10 pack.

Take care.

Peace,

Pierre

Peirre, you are one sick puppy..... I like you already!!:lol:

DoubleE said:
Peirre, you are one sick puppy..... I like you already!!:lol:

It's just that I always loved finger painting when I was a kid and this way it's all portable. Of course, you don't have a huge choice of colours, but at least the one you do have is really vivid, happy colour.

Talk about suffering for your art, it's probably good that they learn the truth at an early age.

See, recreational AND educatoinal. DE blades and kids is the gift that keeps on giving!

Peace,

Pierre

Here's the score for today! I had to give the two creams about an hour in the 'fridge in order to recover from the trip in the UPS truck. They all smell fantastic and cannot wait until tomorrow for the next shave. Hmmm, which to use first... I'm also running out of hiding room under the sink. I think I may try to add a secret door in the back wall to store the extras...that way the wife will never now how much I've spent:a14: :c2:

I have a few more things rollin' in from Charles early next week. I believe I should be receiving the T&H Ultimate Comfort ASB as well as the T&H West Indian Limes ASB and EDT next Monday or Tuesday. I am going to have to take a break from the acquisitions for a few months so that the monthly budget can recover.:cool:

full

This is where SCAD takes us. I went home via the local Granola Store, just for the hell of it.

OK, who am I kidding, I felt like a score, so I picked up a variety of the Avalon Organic brands:

• Lavender Shave Cream
  • Lavender Deodorant
  • Lemon Deodorant
  • Lemon Bath Soap
  • Lavender Facial Scrub (Yes Ron, Kujo is trying Lavender again!)

I accidentally won this little dandy on ebay. I bid on it two days before the auctions end and figured I would be sniped to death but got lucky.
full

The Progress has a very interesting mechanism for adjusting exposure. It is much different than the old Gillettes. If there is any interest, I may do a pictorial on the differences here in a few weeks.

I arrived home from a week of traveling to find a nice little score of goodies were waiting for me.

Decants from our very own Decant Club (Excellent work, Rik. Everything about this was professionally done).
full

Saint Charles Shave - Almond, Savory Rose, and Sandalwood Shave soaps.
full

Salter Cream Samples - courtesy of Scotto's sampler offerings.
full

Top Bottom