What's new

Acquisitions Monday May 8 - Sunday May 14

Technically, this score happened a couple days ago, but I figured since I just now pulled it off my janky phone, I might as well start a new thread.

I got a shave and a haircut at Truefitt & Hill in Vegas, and of course, they make you walk past all the goodies before you leave:

T&H 1805 Shaving Cream
T&H 1805 AS Balm
T&H Almond Shaving Cream
T&H West Indian Limes AS Splash
T&H Hand & Body Soap

I apologize for the crappy camera phone pic. Coincidentally enough, my Canon with its two dead batteries is the thing in the black case to the left:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up some Thayer's Rose WH as well as a set of USA Personna's from WallyWorld and some of the Walgreen's Specials. With all of the talk about the cheapie blades working for some I at least have to give them a shot.

Edit: Now that I had my first shave with the Feather blades I may not even try these "cheapie" blades. Man, the feather gave a great shave!

Brittney Jansen of Truefitt & Hill North America Headquarters, (out of Chicago) sent me a nice big envelope of samples. 2 shaving creams, an aftershave & 7 colognes....good folks! I believe I'll be buying more of their products!

Picked up two KMF tubes; LAVENDER & SHEA and VANILLA EARTH. I hear lots of good stuff about KMF, but they don't seem to be featured often in the SOTD pics and I don't recall seeing a review. I thought that I would just give it a try myself since I couldn't find a trustworthy review (BTW, why aren't there any reviews?). Also picked up some "Witch-Vera Gel" (as mentioned once by woodbane, I believe) as it was inexpensive and I was curious. If it can compete with the Thayer's W/H's I have (Medicated Superhazel and Rose Petal) then I'll use it; otherwise, I'll let it slide into oblivion in the back of the medicine cabinate with the outdated and useless items I've amassed over the years).

Today I amassed:

Pinaud Styptic Pencil
Trumpers Rose sample
Trumpers Coconut sample
Trumpers Almond sample

I'm not going post any photos for fear of being banned due to extreme jealousy.

Dropped back by the local health food store, Akin's, and picked up a tube of Tom's of Maine Mint SC for 6.27 tax included. Looking forward to getting the first shave with it tomorrow.

Thanks RIK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today my order arrived.. totally unexpected big surprise I wasnt even home , the postman left it with my cross neighbour.
Awesome folks of B&B ...

I havent used the B&B Cologne but I keep smelling the bottle taking the lid off the smell already greets you..

It Screams ! "GENTLEMAN ! "!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue_sm

Actually got this stuff over the weekend:
full

• I Coloniali Facial and Shaving Balm with Mango Kernel Oil
    • What a fantastic scent! Here's the link (I Coloniali)
  • I Coloniali "Guajaco Wood" Cologne sample - Kind of "woodsy"
  • Jack Black Pit Boss Antiperspirant and Deodorant - Great smell and effective

Last edited by a moderator:
letterk said:
What were the prices like in Vegas?
John,

The haircut was $60, and the shave was $65. At Art of Shave, apparently the shave is $65, but if you get a haircut, the combo is only $85 (according to the lady I talked to on the phone).

-Nick

So,

I received samples from Brittney at T&H (Chicago) today. Included were samples of 1805 cream, Ultimate Comfort cream and balm, and the sampler of T&H Colognes.

proxy.php

rustyblade said:
proxy.php

The Mythic Gillette 195 Adjustable arrived today.

RB - Nice razor. While I'm not a razor collector, my wife would argue the point, I would like to have a 195! They're sure bringing a pretty penny on e-bay however. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on it after you use it.....you are going to use it aren't you?

DoubleE said:
RB - Nice razor. While I'm not a razor collector, my wife would argue the point, I would like to have a 195! They're sure bringing a pretty penny on e-bay however. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on it after you use it.....you are going to use it aren't you?

I am going to use it. I use all the razors in my collection including the toggle. I wouldn't really call myself a collector, but I do seem to me amassing a bunch of DE's lately. I am more interested in trying them all out. I also have a somewhat rare (according to John aka Yasuo) Wilkinson Sword "sticky" DE on the way also, I got that razor for a song in a razor lot.

Today's SCAD:

3 jars Proraso pre and after cream
2 Bottles Proraso Dopobarba AS
1 Bottle Proraso AS balm
1 bottle Linetti Brillantina hair lotion ( my dad used to wear it when I was a kid)
1 C&E Sandalwood soap bowl
I C&E Sienna Eau de Toilette bottle

Hello Gentlemen,

I finally placed my first order with Classic Shaving since I've read so many good reviews about this company and its people:

DOVO Leather Straight Razor Case
DOVO Silvertip Travel Brush, Stainless Steel
Classic Brand Pure Block Alum Styptic
Pinaud/Clubman "Medicated" Talc
Classic Brand Barbershop SHAVING Towel, 6-Pak
Merkur "Hefty Classic - Slant Bar" (I read Joel's guide and figured I had to get this one).
DOVO "Shavette" Blades, Long
DOVO "Shavette" Blade Holders - Long Double Edge

Fingers crossed for this "transatlantic shipment...".

Best Regards,

Jason.

Top Bottom