What's new

Acquisitions Monday May 29 - Sunday June 4

slcsteve said:
The Salter's Vetiver is an acquired taste, so to speak. I found it to be everything Ron says it to be but it really has, what could be called a vile aroma by some, myself included. Try to mooch a sample first, if you can.

My son described the scent as smoked bacon. :biggrin:

Does Salter use essential oils or perfume oils? Any thoughts on the use of the Vetiver cream with mildly sensitive skin?

Yes it is; that is kinda the point of the thread. They have started making it again, and it is available through Charles at QED.

I have been thinking about adding it to my next QED order. I have never tried Salter's shave creams and just want to be relatively confident that it is quality stuff and will not burn my face off.

I have samples of the Mint and Citrus available if you want to go that route. Check out the Shaving Mall for details if interested.

I disliked the Salters Vetiver so much that i sent a full tub of it to the other side of the world; in fact, to the USA; i even took the shipping costs on my account, so badly i wanted it to get away from me; Mark (TSSB) knows all about it and is enjoying it still, maybe even right now!:biggrin:

Peter

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I don't know about you guys, but if somebody did make a cream that smelled like bacon, I'd buy it.:tongue_sm

Now I definitely have to try it. I love the funky stuff. Give me barn-yardy Rhone wine, horse-blanket-smelling belgian gueze, and now smoked fish vetiver cream. To each his own! Viva la stank!

I love these similies... I am sure this one will help, knowing how cold it is in upstate NY, vetiver smells a great deal like the smoke from a peat fire.

guenron said:
I love these similies... I am sure this one will help, knowing how cold it is in upstate NY, vetiver smells a great deal like the smoke from a peat fire.

...........as you pee on the peat or perhaps, as my friend Pete would say, "it isn't peat?":9898:

While I didn't mind the scent of Salter Vetiver - I just didn't find it nearly as relaxing as say mint, almond, rose, sandalwood, etc. It is certainly something different, and it is quite nice - but I am not certain I would buy it again (I traded my jar as the individual I was trading with wanted to try a jar of salter, and between it, salter mint and salter citrus - the vetiver had to go).

Bottom line - it is a fine scent - but it is a scent I would be more interested in cologne form. Word to the wise - don't use it salter vetiver the say before you choose to use a softer scented cream (IE:Rose/almond) as the residual scent from the vetiver will muck up the next days scent - so use it, then use a stouter sandalwood, or heavy cologne scented cream.

Received today in the mail....

Creed Green Irish Tweed EDC
Floris 127 EDT

From Target....

Proraso soap (I've tried the cream 2 times and traded both tubes) figured I'd give the soap a chance.

Proraso cream aftershave

I sprayed a mist of each scent on opposite arms...
The Floris 127 smells very light and seems that it would be perfect on a hot summer day. The Creed smells very familiar to me but the fragrance is very rich.

I may have to shave tomorrow just for the heck of it.

Patrick

Top Bottom