What's new

Acquisitions Monday May 1 - Sunday May 7

No, not top heavy at all, at least while dry. The base is quite weighty and the balance point is just above the rings around the handle, about where that little dark block of print is below the Kent name.

Pilfer said:
No, not top heavy at all, at least while dry. The base is quite weighty and the balance point is just above the rings around the handle, about where that little dark block of print is below the Kent name.

Gorgeous shaving brush! I must admit the BK8 is my favorite of the BK line and I dearly long for one.... I'm jealous! Oh well, looks like I'll just have to buy ANOTHER shave brush :biggrin: :biggrin:

We should start a club - "The Brush-o-holics" and Peter can be the president!

Kent brushes have one of the most stylish handles for shaving brushes there are on the market these days; very elegant and classy looking; also the text on the brush is applied with a very high quality imprinting process, contrary to f.i Simpsons, where the decal falls off after one shave and the text disappears in time. What remains is a blank handle, without a characteristic brand mark....not that this is very important, but it adds a special touch to a handle imo....

Although the quality of the bristles isn't as high as those of Simpsons f.i., the Kent's stay a very desirable line of shaving brushes which one ought to have in one's closet imo

Peter

Ouch...that last pic gave me a bit of a headache.:lol: :wink:
That brush is going to be beautiful all bloomed out; very nice indeed!:thumbup1:

I had always wondered about the quality of the Kents and the other day I was in a Crabtree and Evelyn store, they had a few Kent brushes.
There was a BK12, a T4 I think and some other ones with the acrylic handles. I did feel them all and was a little disappointed, since I had expected them to be much different.
They are nice looking brushes but for me they did feel a little on the floppy side and the bristle was more like a regular badger hair. They were also very expensive which surprised me when I did see the prices.

this weekend i picked up the following gillettes:
slim handle adjust, fat boy adjust, gold "NEW" style gillette 3 piece, 40's SS, 3 flared tip superspeeds, long plastic blue handle gillette fixed head that ive yet to try and ID, and a 41 ranger tech. off the gillette front i got a very nice GEM micromatic that shaves like a dream. i really need to stop buying these things, especially considering how all of them aside from the "NEW", plastic handle and micromatic are just duplicates or worse in the collection.

Today 2 of my UK Packages arrived with all the Colognes nice.

Also another one left behind in my mailbox good thing I checked it 3 times today :lol:

- Aftershave Lotion Coriolan Lotion 100ML
-L'occitane Chestnut soap 100G
-L'occitane shower cream lemon 75ml.
-L'occitane sponge.. to pamper myself silly......... :eek:

a nice bottle of 4711 Sir aftershave
a 4711 Sir bath soap
a real nice olive oil soap, (don't know the name)
a cake of shaving soap from www.feineseifen.de
some Naomi Campbell edt for my lovely wife!

Best wishes and special thanks to my dear friend in Europe! :smile: :smile:

Jeff

full

Can you guess which brush is the new one? The Floris 1/2 price sale made this attractive and possible. Anyone know who makes the brushes for Floris?

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the 20% discount offered by Kent Brushes. Just came in today. I'm very impressed, looking forward to trying it out.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Craig,

What stunning beautiful pictures of the BK12, i'm getting almost envious on you:001_smile i even would consider to buy another one, just because of this picture:lol: :lol:

I know absolutely for sure you're gonna like this abundancy of badger and lather in your face....!!!!

Peter

Top Bottom