What's new

Acquisitions Monday Mar 27 - Sunday Apr 02

Greetings followers of SCAD, RAD, SBAD and all of the other delightful shaving acquisition obsessions. I have that feeling that acquisitions may slow slightly before the upcoming income tax deadline.. Just remember, while it may be too late to provide additional charitable deductions for last tax year, there's plenty of time to make them (especially to the old age home for wayward lathermeisters:001_smile ) for this year!
Good shaving and good shopping!

Hello,

my acquisition for this week (I hope it'll be arrive tomorrow):

I've bought an EdT, from Ebay, called "Grigio Perla" (La Perla, Morris Inc.) a rare scent, which is not more listed.

I think it's a great scent, I had a sample as a present for my birthday, about 3 years ago and I've searched the whole time for it:001_rolle :001_rolle

Now I've had the luck to find it on Ebay:thumbup: , feel great now...

Thomas

Hello Gentlemodes,

by accident I won a Fatboy Razor for $16 something but the seller only accepts Cash/Cheques well since im in the Netherlands it doesnt make sense to send him cash. anyone up for it should contact me A.S.A.P I can hook you up.

im also sending the the next highest bid guy a text if he wants to take it over but I thought perhaps someone here might enjoy the razor aswell...

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6616010321&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

I dont know if this is the right place to put this advert. I want as many traffic as possible to perhaps make a newbie happy or collector.

Moderator you have my permission to move the adv. if needed.

1 bottle of Old Spice aftershave
1 bottle of Old Spice cologne
2 packages of Merkur blades
1 Givenchy Gentleman edt
1 Jean Paul Gaultier "Le Male" edt

:lol: my wife says I smell soooooo nice!

Jeff

full

In Trade....
Trumper Rose Shaving Soap
DR Harris Lavender Shaving Soap
Merkur Long Handle
Brave Soldier ASB
Baxter ASB

Last edited by a moderator:
Caswell & Massey Jockey Club Suite
C&M Black mesh Travel Bag

full

Has anybody here ever tried Caswell-Massey #6 cologne? I just bought some today, I admit I'm not a fan of their shaving creams or soaps, but this cologne seems like it could have a little potential. :rolleyes:

Jeff

crackstar said:
Has anybody here ever tried Caswell-Massey #6 cologne? I just bought some today, I admit I'm not a fan of their shaving creams or soaps, but this cologne seems like it could have a little potential. :rolleyes:

Jeff

I got the Greenbriar from Rik. Man, that's some strong stuff. I personally like it. I haven't tried the #6 yet. I e-mailed CM and requested samples of their colognes. We'll see what happens.

Imagine my surprise to come home from work today and find that an order I placed on Monday had already arrived. Thanks Classic Shaving!

proxy.php

For quite some time now, I have been eyeballing these two items. I've wanted a slant bar for about 4 months now, but based on some advice from a more experienced shaver, I forced myself to wait until I had my technique down cold. I originally thought the chrome model was a better looking razor but after seeing Andrew's gold Hoffritz, I was bitten by the bug.

I have been intrigued by the Dominica Bay Rum Lime Cologne since Christmas, but at the time I had 4 Pinaud scents and 7 Crusellas scents on the way and decided to wait. It is here, and it is phenomenal. When the bottle was first uncorked, I was truly swept away. I had to put the cork in my mouth to keep from drinking it.

I am really looking forward to shaving with the slant and finishing with this great scent.

guenron said:
Caswell & Massey Jockey Club Suite
C&M Black mesh Travel Bag

full

Hey Ron,

I see you went back to your roots, nice grab! I am loving my Lime and Lemon/Lime Caswell-Massey. I also got the Jockey Club but have only sampled the cologne and a/s balm, maybe I will use it today. Do you find it is the same scent as to when you used it many moons ago? Man, that is some strong stuff!

Cheers,

Joe

farangzookzon said:
Hey Ron,

I see you went back to your roots, nice grab! I am loving my Lime and Lemon/Lime Caswell-Massey. I also got the Jockey Club but have only sampled the cologne and a/s balm, maybe I will use it today. Do you find it is the same scent as to when you used it many moons ago? Man, that is some strong stuff!

Cheers,

Joe
It seems a bit sweeter and perhaps a bit stronger, but the fundamental fragrance is very much the same. (Remember, you are asking me to recall a fragrance from over 35 years ago!) Funny thing is SWMBO remembers it on my person and sniffingly approved. I'll be wearing the suite this Saturday or Sunday.

On Tuesday, my handmade Shavemac finest badger brush (23 mm) arrived. :lol:

I recieved Taylor's Eton College and Avacado creams yesterday. I should now have enough creams and soaps to last me well into next year.

The only other things that I might end up getting would be getting a pre-shave cream and a witch hazel toner.

But hey, I spent about the same amount of cash for all my stuff as my brother did for a "good" electric razor, so that's not too bad. The big question is how long it will take before he wants to start trying out my supplies...:tongue:

Hi all,

Recently purchased the items below off of eBay...

Paid $29 for the Parker fountain pen & pencil set. The FP is a Parker 51 even though the box shows Parker "21".

The Gillette Toggle is very nice. The case and razor are in just about near mint condition. Paid a bit over $100 for it.

full

full

Patrick

Feather RG "Artist"----Wish me and my Adams Apple good luck.
Feather Super Pro.
Taylor's Lime no.74 and St. James
Truefitt and Hill Freshman
Penhaligons 10 sampler
Geo Trumper GFT

Busy Week

Oh boy just blew my salary.. a bit.. :biggrin:

Bought-

- YVES SAINT LAURENT M7 AFTER SHAVE LOTION 100ML
- HANDMADE SOLID SHAVING SOAP TUB - Bay Rum (75G)
-HANDMADE SOLID SHAVING SOAP IN A TUB - COOL WATER - MEN (80G)
-HANDMADE SOFT CREAM SOAP - MILK & HONEY(to be mixed or can be used as a shaving soap aswell ! )
- HANDMADE SHAVING SOAP IN A TUB - 'DRAKKAR NOIR' FOR MEN (75G)
- HANDMADE FIZZING BATH POWDER - LAVENDER WITH FLOWERS
- HANDMADE SOAP - ROSE & JASMINE SPARKLE SLICE
-HANDMADE SOFT CREAM SOAP - ROSE WITH ROSE PETALS ( this one can be used for shaving aswell or for mixing in with other lather )
- MENS HANDMADE SOLID SHAVING SOAP - CEDARWOOD & LIME (100 G)
- Geo F Trumper Limes Shaving Cream 75g
-The Body Shop For Men Shave Cream 100ml
-TRUEFITT & HILL 1805 AFTERSHAVE BALM
-The Real Shaving Company Hair And Body Wash
-Massage & Bath Oil - SHAVING OIL - 100ml -
-Chopard CASMIR EDP Spray 100ml (for my mother's day )
-Giorgio Armani Acqua di gio 200ml Eau de Toilette
-Chanel Coco 100ml Eau de Parfum (mom 's gonna have some mothersday.. ! )
-Chanel Platinum Egoiste 100ml Eau de Toilette

I dont have experience with any of them all will arrive in the next week.
GFT Sandalwood is my only experience of the GFT creme line. havent shaved with Soap yet only Cremes so im really curious this woman makes her own soaps.

all in all I think I had an XTREME Shave Itch week... :thumbup1:

Kyle, how do you like the Domica Bay Rum? I think this is the same Bay Rum that my father used many years ago. Can you smell the lime in it?

Top Bottom