What's new

Acquisitions Monday Mar 13 - Sunday Mar 19

Et Tu Brute? In case you wondered, that was Caesar's surprise when he bumped into Brutus at Target buying some Proraso..:biggrin:
Well lads this is the week. Beware the Ides of March! Poor old Caesar failed to and got some mighty mean nicks on the floor of the Senate..
Okay Peabody, any other history lessons?

guenron said:
Et Tu Brute? In case you wondered, that was Caesar's surprise when he bumped into Brutus at Target buying some Proraso..:biggrin:
Well lads this is the week. Beware the Ides of March! Poor old Caesar failed to and got some mighty mean nicks on the floor of the Senate..
Okay Peabody, any other history lessons?
Yo, Ron. Planning a toga party?

guenron said:
Good to see you back in town Joe! Wha' dja' buy?
I've been a little busy, and I'm carching up with my e-mail.

Lately my purchases all have to do with str8s, restoring them or maintaining them. I'm now convinced that the best shaves can be had with but a few DEs armed with Feathers or a Feather str8. Nevertheless, most of my shaves are done with str8s, not because of the shave a but a bunch of other factors. The strongest one is I'm now a collector and I treat many of them like works of art or collectible antiques (which I use). The restoration part is a lot of fun, but too time consuming for me to have done a lot. So, I look forward to having some time, which may or may not happen soon.

How are you doing? I hope your mother is well.

IMG_1977_1_1.JPG

Trumpers Coconut
Taylors Mr. Taylors
Tabac soap
Trumpers Wild Fern AS
DaVinci Water Refill
New Lemon Verbena hydrosol

I have hated pretty much every Trumpers cream I have tried, but I am just darn fascinated with the coconut. We'll see how it goes.

BTW, these new Taylors formulations really fill up the tubs now, it is a huge difference:
IMG_1981_2_1.JPG

No pix but here is what I've bought and received this week.

TJ Maxx:

Woods of Windsor True Rose soap 3.5 oz for $3.99
Taylor of London English Lavender EDT 1.69oz $5.99
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil cream (5.8 oz plastic tub) for $7.99

5 packs of the Euro Gillette blades
Floris 89 aftershave 3.4oz

Patrick

ponyplayer said:
No pix but here is what I've bought and received this week.

TJ Maxx:

Woods of Windsor True Rose soap 3.5 oz for $3.99
Taylor of London English Lavender EDT 1.69oz $5.99
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil cream (5.8 oz plastic tub) for $7.99

5 packs of the Euro Gillette blades
Floris 89 aftershave 3.4oz

Patrick
Patrick,
Good show! I was unaware that Floris was bottling #89 as an aftershave any longer. Was this a NIBOS buy?

Ron,

The Floris 89 did come in a box and looks like it may be "older" stock by the looks of the box. The box is not damaged or anything but looks like it has been around for a while. By looking at the contents, it looks to be 100% full.

Don't know for sure if it has ever been "tested" or used at all.

Not sure I will be using this as I don't particularly like aftershaves but it was too interesting to pass up.

This was an eBay purchase as were the Euro Gillette blades.

Patrick

ponyplayer said:
Ron,

The Floris 89 did come in a box and looks like it may be "older" stock by the looks of the box. The box is not damaged or anything but looks like it has been around for a while. By looking at the contents, it looks to be 100% full.

Don't know for sure if it has ever been "tested" or used at all.

Not sure I will be using this as I don't particularly like aftershaves but it was too interesting to pass up.

This was an eBay purchase as were the Euro Gillette blades.

Patrick
Sounds like someone was having FUN! and that's a good thing to do.:thumbup1:

Got a package of goodies from Charles (QED) today.

2x 2 oz Cobalt atomizers (for my colognes without a spray top)

2 oz Hydrosols:

Rose Water
Peppermint
Lemon Verbena
Lavender
Rose Geranium

Shave Sticks:

Grapefruit & Peppermint
Vanilla
Patchouli - Tea Tree - Peppermint

GFT Portugal EdT
MaleFace Moisturizer

full

-Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles' new Lemon Verbena tonic is sublime. Great stuff. I didn't pick up the peppermint since that is not a favorite scent for me. Of course, the DaVinci water is a necessity in my house.

1. Distressed Split Horsehide (Cordovan) Leather Jacket
  2. Gentleman's Wetpack (Faux Croc)
    full
  3. History of the Air Force Coffee Table Book
    full

Pix above!:thumbup1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom