What's new

Acquisitions Monday June 19 - Sunday June 25

teamacacia said:
My parents recently returned from a family reunion in Tyler, TX and brought the following gifts from my great uncle, a life-long barber in a family of barbers:
He gave my his own personal strop as well as a hone (I guess...it is a small rectangular stone...not yet in with all the str8 lingo)
I also received 3 straight razors which are reportedly shave ready!

I have not yet taken pictures but will tomorrow when I am post-call. I also should be receiving a detailed history of all of the gear as some of the razors were handed down to him from his mother, a barber as well.

Fortunately, he only lives about three hours away (Dallas, TX) so I'll probably go for some lessons and probably try to get a free str8 shave out of it as well!

Later,

I miss Tyler, TX. The Rose Capital of the World!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
I miss Tyler, TX. The Rose Capital of the World!

Randy

Yeah, the Family Reunion took place at one of our family member's place and the have this massive and immaculate yard that has been featured in numerous magazines. You can apparently google Tyler, TX and find a link to a panoramic video or picture of their backyard. I'm going to try it now, but the pics my folks brought back were pretty impressive...apparently all of the landscaping, paving, etc is done by the husband himself.

Top Bottom