What's new

Acquisitions Monday June 19 - Sunday June 25

Mike02 said:
Just how much of this stuff do you have Rene? It seems like it is in every acquiisition post... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Dennis

Excellent EYES DENNIS ! I thought no one noticed. :tongue: :tongue:
Im such a Cologne Junkie now I just cant stop sniffing , I will offer some of my stuff decanted for only B&B members in a very limited supply. it will be more to be like samples 10ml of stuff for people to try to see if they like something or not .thats why I bought more of Santal since I think people will like that stuff.
i am no threat to the Decant club because I will simply offer a bit of my stack when its gone its gone. very exclusive and very limited.
I have 3 bottles of Santal EDT and a/s Balm. 2 of them for sale and to be decanted. Im keeping one balm as a back up because I love that balm.

C & E Almond Oil Shave Cream Jar
C & E Sienna Shave Soap
C & E Sienna After Shave Balm
C & E Sandlewood EDT

Figured the Free Almond Oil Cream was an excuse to place an order...

Here is my $10 Ebay score, a new/old stock Gem razor. Anyone have any tips or advice on blades, and or shaving tips? Cheers, DJ.:001_rolle

Just got my delivery from Charles at QED

Merkur slant bar
Savile Row SR100 travel brush
QED Bergamot and Bay Rum shave sticks and
a trial-size Juniper shave stick (smells like a G&T)

Suzuki...I thought the same thing with the juniper shave stick from Charles...The thought crossed my mind to melt it down with a little lime and get a true G & T shave. I mentioned it to Charles and he said he has a Bath Soap called "Bathtub Gin" done with Juniper Berry with a twist of Lime (and a dash of Lemon). I might just add it to my next order...

Bob O.

Charles told me the same thing - he's sending me a list of his soaps (not listed on his site, which he's working on updating).

I'll likely add one to the next order as well - my only concern is showing up at work smelling of "Bathtub Gin"!

Scotto said:
Had a few minutes to wander around Madison, WI yesterday before my meeting. Found a real earthy-crunchy store which was selling Merkurs, etc. Picked up a Col Conk Almond shave soap and a Provence Sante' Vetiver bath soap.
Arrrg. I was in Madison meeting with a client. We could have hooked up. Oh well, maybe next time.

100 Derby Extra
Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood Cream
Cyril R Salter French Vetiver Cream

Just waiting for my L'Occitane order.

Brian

First - let me say, the shaving brush stand with this brush is without question the finest I have experienced. It is difficult to explain, but the brush fits in the stand a certain way which holds the brush VERY securely and it cannot fall out of the front, it has to be lifted upward and outward simultaneously. Also - I REALLY like that the Muhle logo is "updside-down" so that the majority of the brushes life which is spent on the brush stand - the logo displays right side up. Also - notice the density of the brush (see the head on shot). The GERMAN sourced silvertip badger hair (NOT "super") is simply the softest in the land, however due to the near chubby/duke like bristle density it is not the least bit floppy. The fit/finish is WORLD class, and the handle is both weighted perfectly, gorgeous, ergonomic, and original. These Muhle's are VERY reasonably priced for the tremendous build quality, craftsmanship and performance. Expect a review of this brush posted within the week. (NOTE: it doesn't appear so in the picture, but in person the brush stand is the same "frosted" acrylic as the brush, and is a perfect match.... if/when I get hitched and the SWMBO forces me to display only one brush out on the counter - this one will be it.)

The other brush... well..... get out the kleenix to mop up the drool from the floor. That sucker is genuine Mother of Pearl, and is without question the most exceptional looking brush I have ever seen.... I so badly want to use it in conjunction with my favorite straight razor - my Dovo 5/8 Genuine MOP, however this thing is so exqusite, so original and such an antique, I think I might have to leave it pristine.

I once said I'd never buy/own a brush just to look at..... I formally retract that statement.

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice brushes Joel, but wouldnt that be torture just looking at that stunning brush every day! I say whip up some lather Bro! Cheers, DJ.

Dinder1 said:
Nice brushes Joel, but wouldnt that be torture just looking at that stunning brush every day! I say whip up some lather Bro! Cheers, DJ.

DJ,
I've got over 30 high end shaving brushes (not counting boar brushes and inexpensive badger brushes) so since I already look at so many I get to use so rarely - I don't think it would be too hard. :lol:

joel said:
DJ,
I've got over 30 high end shaving brushes (not counting boar brushes and inexpensive badger brushes) so since I already look at so many I get to use so rarely - I don't think it would be too hard. :lol:

Send it to me and I'll suffer for you! :001_rolle

Randy

He's not holding back on the punches boys.

Beautiful brushes Joel!!! That MOP is drop-dead gorgeous! You need to post a pic of it and the str8.

Now, where'd I leave that mop (yes, pun intended)?

Rik said:
He's not holding back on the punches boys.

Beautiful brushes Joel!!! That MOP is drop-dead gorgeous! You need to post a pic of it and the str8.

Now, where'd I leave that mop (yes, pun intended)?

Rik,
I actually to a "load" of shaving stuff down south as I may be moving soon, and unfortunatly the MOP razor was one of the items I took down. I'll probably be back down there within a week or so though - and I'll be sure to snap some pics. Pictures really don't do this brush justice, as in person it looks a heck of a lot more elegant and the "boxy" lines of the brush handle play into the MOP perfectly as each one reflects light differently and the end result is one heck of a whirlwind of sparkling color.

full

Old Spice Original Spray Cologne, T&H Rose Shaving Cream, Van Der Hagen Glycerin and Select Shaving Soaps, Burt Bee's Lip Balm, Provence Sante Verlaine Shaving Soap, Face Tools Daily Defense and Cleanse 'N Shave.

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
Joel, the M-P brush and stand is one of the most beautiful sets I have seen. Congratulations and I look forward to a review.

joel said:
Rik,
I actually to a "load" of shaving stuff down south as I may be moving soon, and unfortunatly the MOP razor was one of the items I took down. I'll probably be back down there within a week or so though - and I'll be sure to snap some pics. Pictures really don't do this brush justice, as in person it looks a heck of a lot more elegant and the "boxy" lines of the brush handle play into the MOP perfectly as each one reflects light differently and the end result is one heck of a whirlwind of sparkling color.
I'm a firm believer that it takes a professional photographer to capture the true beauty of items created from natural products. And even then that ability is a rare talent. I've taken numerous pictures of items crafted from highly figured wood and they never look as nice as the actual object. I look forward to seeing them side by side and only can imagine what they look like in person.

Top Bottom