What's new

Acquisitions Monday July 31st - Sunday August 6th

Just got back from my trip to NY and here's what I picked up. Focused on the high end stuff and ran out of money fast.

Castle Forbes Lime Shaving Cream
Castle Forbes Lime A/S Balm
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream
Floris Santal EDT

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed the postman today, but the following items were left with a neighbour:
Merkur Vision 2000 Safety Razor
R A Rooney Finest Style 1 medium Shaving Brush
AOS Lavender Shave Cream
Cyril R Salter Fresh Mint Shave Cream
T+H Shave Soap

Having controlled my SCAD and BAD, I have let my RAD go uncheked:

Bought the following lots from e-bay today:

View attachment 1176

View attachment 1177

I'm also winning on two other GEM razors.

Of course, I then had to speak to the folks at Ted Pella and bought

200 GEM stainless steel PTFE coated blades
60 stainless PTFE coated injector blades ($4.50 per cartridge of 20)
30 Feather DE blades.

If anyone wants some of the GEM blades, let me know and I'm sure we can arrange a trade/sale.

1. one blue tip Gillette

2. one black tip Gillette and a slim adjustable Gillette with an old looking Old Spice shaving mug.

g8orshavr said:
Just got back from my trip to NY and here's what I picked up. Focused on the high end stuff and ran out of money fast.

Floris Santal EDT

full

Very nice haul.

Today I recieved my much anticipated Simpsons Brushes from Lee. The poor lighting and camera work doesn't do them justice.

full

L to R: Emperor #3 Super Badger, Persian Jar #3 Super Badger, Backup Persian Jar #2 Super Badger
I purchased the second PJ2 in the event I wear out my current one and Simpsons isn't around to replace it.
Yes, I love this brush that much!

full

L - R: Persian Jar #1, Persian Jar #2, Persian Jar #3
My Persian Jar Super Badger family is now complete. :biggrin:

On a side note, Lee is exceptional to work with and has incredible prices to boot!

Rik said:
...Lee is exceptional to work with and has incredible prices to boot!
I'll second that. I've had nothing but pleasurable experiences when working with him.

Rik said:
Today I recieved my much anticipated Simpsons Brushes from Lee.

In a side note, Lee is exceptional to work with and has incredible prices to boot!

K-ching K-ching. Very nice. Did you spend your entire inheritance on brushes alone?:eek:

g8orshavr said:

Floris Santal EDT

full

I would lvoe to know what you think about the Castle Forbes Lime shave cream and after shave.

Rik said:
Today I recieved my much anticipated Simpsons Brushes from Lee. The poor lighting and camera work doesn't do them justice.

full

L to R: Emperor #3 Super Badger, Persian Jar #3 Super Badger, Backup Persian Jar #2 Super Badger
I purchased the second PJ2 in the event I wear out my current one and Simpsons isn't around to replace it.
Yes, I love this brush that much!

My Persian Jar Super Badger family is now complete. :biggrin:

On a side note, Lee is exceptional to work with and has incredible prices to boot!

:drool: You 'da Man!

pitbulls20 said:
I would lvoe to know what you think about the Castle Forbes Lime shave cream and after shave.

The Castle Forbes Lime Shave cream smells fantastic and lathers great. It didn't seem as slick as I expected. I am holding out judgement until I try it again. The Balm also has a great lime scent. It has a consistency similiar to the Proraso A/S balm. Sinks into the skin very quickly and dries to a matte finish...not greasy at all. Really nice A/S Balm. Overall both are very nice products but also quite expensive.

Top Bottom