What's new

Acquisitions Monday July 10th - Sunday July 16th

Hey Jim, is that brush in finest or silvertip? I am thinking about getting a Shavemac, but I am torn between finest and silvertip. Anyone have any thoughts on these two grades of badger?
Cheers, DJ.

Dinder1 said:
Hey Jim, is that brush in finest or silvertip? I am thinking about getting a Shavemac, but I am torn between finest and silvertip. Anyone have any thoughts on these two grades of badger?
Cheers, DJ.
Finest is a bit stiffer, and has barbed ends. Silvertip is a bit softer at the tips, and a little bit more flexible. I have brushes with both, and like them all.

Dinder1 said:
Cheers, DJ.

Its a Silvertip -I was most surprised at the weight- its at least 2 X's heavier than a same sized Rooney.
Jim

Dinder1 said:
Cheers, DJ.
Yes, it is an issue of personal preference (and money also a personal issue). Do you want More or Less scritchy? Herr Blos will make any brush stuffed with the same weight of hair, so density need not be an issue.
Now, if you wish to ask me my personal preference, I can tell you. Chances are that you may not have the same preferences as I.

guenron said:
Yes, it is an issue of personal preference (and money also a personal issue). Do you want More or Less scritchy? Herr Blos will make any brush stuffed with the same weight of hair, so density need not be an issue.
Now, if you wish to ask me my personal preference, I can tell you. Chances are that you may not have the same preferences as I.

Yes, and the winner is.............
Cheers, DJ.

Orders have been placed for...

SCS Almond Shave Soap in a Bowl
B & B Bay Rum with a Twist EDT

100 Derby Blades...so far I like these the best and who can argue with the price.

QED Vetiver Shave Stick
QED Cedarwood/Lemon Shave Stick
QED Pine/Cedarwood Shave Stick
QED Bergamot Shave Stick
QED Grapefruit/Peppermint Shave Stick
3 atomizer's for decanting...

I just found a vintage Merkur slant bar at an antique shop, NIB for $35 out the door. I figure I saved a little by not paying shipping.
I also found a Krupp straight razor!!!!!!!! for $18.50 now I need to find someone to put an edge on it!!!

pics to come l:tongue_sm ater

IMG_2434_1_1.JPG

L'Occitane Vetyver :drool: (for decanting - you'll see it soon up for sale)

L'Artisan decants:
  • Tea for Two
  • Mechant Loup
  • Dzing!
+ Some other samples

The Tea for Two might be the best/most well made scent I have smelled in years....

2 tubes of Cerrus shaving cream. (a delightfully scented cream, with a super cooling effect, check out my review of it)
a package of Cella Crema da Sapone
a jar of Olivia "Churchill" shaving cream
a sample of Olivia "Zeder" shaving soap
a bottle of SCS New Spice edt.
All these beauties were gift from someone very special to me.

Jeff

proxy.php

I can't believe it, UPS dropped off two orders at the house this evening at 9:15 p.m.. Way to go UPS!

This Tam Dao is fantastic, I can see why it's been talked about so much. It has a very mild, soft, easy going sandalwood scent. Not overpowering, just right in my opinion.

The other two are from New Orleans Perfume, http://www.neworleansperfume.com/. This small shop off Royal Street has been at it since 1843. I was intrigued by the Eau de Cologne - the European fragrance made famous by Napoleon. Instead of committing to a large bottle I bought the travel sizes. This too is some really nice stuff, a wonderful citrus scent. :001_rolle :001_rolle :001_rolle

CraigK

3 tubs of Coates Tea Tree shaving cream clearout special.

I tried rehydrating one of the tubs but to me it's not worth it. It lathers up the same as if I didn't rehydrate it. I'll just use them as a soap, smells and lathers very nice just the same.:biggrin:

A short while ago, TomH (a resident of Germany) and myself worked out a trade. Here is the grand haul (not sure why the picture quality is fuzzy).
full

Muhle-Pinsel razor and box
full

Nifty artwork on the razor's handle
full

I'm guessing that this must be a complementary keychain from Muhle-Pinsel. Wee Scot, eat your heart out.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom