What's new

Acquisitions Monday Jan 30 - Sunday Feb 05

Okay gentlemen, everyone get out there and acquire some hotwings and your favorite brewskies and get ready to root for the Steelers/Sea Hawks (Choose one)!

Well, my order came in from India today. 1 tube of Old Spice Lather Cream Reg. and 1 tube of Old Spice Lather Cream Fresh Lime. I thought I ordered 4 of each but apparently I messed up! My shipping costs far exceeded the price of the creams! I will finish off these first and then re-order in sufficient amounts to make up for my goof. It's nice to have Old Spice back in the rotation!

Well I just made my first purchase of quality creams. Here is the list:

1 Proraso Eucalyptus Shaving Cream Tube $9.50
1 Geo F. Trumper - Sandalwood Cream Tube $15.95
1 Merkur Classic Long Handled Safety Razor, Straight $33.00
1 Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes Shave Cream Tube $16.00
1 Proraso Pre/Post Shave Cream $11.95

I got the Merkur Classic and the T&H Limes for my wife. :biggrin:

rstrawsb said:

Nice haul!! And way to keep the little lady involved and happy!:a14:

Jerry

DoubleE said:
Nice haul!! And way to keep the little lady involved and happy!:a14:

Jerry

She has been using my Merkur Classic and my blade doesn't last very long. She commented that she doesn't have to shave as often with the DE as she did with the lady shaver she was using. I can't wait to try the T&H lime. :biggrin:

rstrawsb said:

Ron,
I don't recall, but did you get her a nice brush? Charles at QED had a very long handled, very large brush that would probably be a knockout for a lady's gams!

:ihih:

But seriously, unless your palms are really hairy, I don't think you could whip up a lather as effective as a brush.... so to speak. :tongue_sm

-Nick

I had to see if the Simpson's brush was mostly hype or substance so.....

full

In light of the recent price decline on Simpsons, I thought now would be a great time to test the water,uh...brush. I was going to order a Chubby1 but since they were out of stock and The Duke #2 was about 2/3s the price, I thought I'd give it a shot. It has, as best I can tell, a 23 to 24mm knot and is best badger hair as was the Chubby1 I was going to buy. I e-mailed Simpsons and from what I can tell from their somewhat cryptic answer, it's just not quite as densly packed as the Chubby1 but is the same grade of hair.

First impression is it is still VERY densly packed and very soft. Nice size to stay within the confines of a soap in a wooden bowl!:biggrin:

Review forthcoming (after a few days of use)

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_1805_1_1.JPG

Rik sold some stuff to Howard and I, then mixed up the boxes and then sent them to the opposite addresses.:tongue: Since my box was at Howards already, he added some goodies to it.:wink:

The Sandalwood Trio:
AOS Sandalwood cream
Vulfix Sandalwood cream
Trumpers Sandalwood cologne

Plus:
Mr. Taylors cologne
Taylors St. James cream

Today, Thursday, 2 Fen 06, UPS dropped off a box with Speick Cologne, Speick Shower & Hair Gel, Speick Shave Cream. Tried the shower gel this evening. Works great, both on body and hair. Great scent of Speick. Ordered from:

http://www.beautyhabit.com/speick_mens.html

My wife picked up the Peaches & Cream KMF shave cream at Whole Foods for me today. I also requested the Vanilla, but there was none to be had on the shelf she said. The KMF cream is for the KMF International Shave Day, 26 Feb 06, over at SMF.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

full

Last edited by a moderator:
My Futur arrived yesterday, and I shaved with it this morning. Great shave, but very slippery to hold by the satin finish handle, as I had been warned.

I purchased some Rustoleum Grip and Guard Textured Rubber Coating at my local store and will try dipping the handle of the Futur in it. Tool handles dipped in it are supposed to be easier to grip...

It will be yellow in color, so a bit ugly :frown: , but if it keeps me from dropping the Futur, breaking it, and/or cutting myself, I believe it will be worth it.

I'll post a thread with the results once I have applied 2-4 coats, as per the instructions on the can.

Tom

vontech said:
My Futur arrived yesterday, and I shaved with it this morning. Great shave, but very slippery to hold by the satin finish handle, as I had been warned.

I purchased some Rustoleum Grip and Guard Textured Rubber Coating at my local store and will try dipping the handle of the Futur in it. Tool handles dipped in it are supposed to be easier to grip...

It will be yellow in color, so a bit ugly :frown: , but if it keeps me from dropping the Futur, breaking it, and/or cutting myself, I believe it will be worth it.

I'll post a thread with the results once I have applied 2-4 coats, as per the instructions on the can.

Tom
As per this post, it was stated that the coatings are slippery when wet - be careful!

My folks came to visit today, and looky what they brought!

IMG_1843_1_1.JPG

T&H West Indian Limes shampoo, shower gel, and bath soap. This stuff is seriously intoxicating!

a bowl of Roger & Gallet shaving soap
a Savile Row badger (all right!!!!!!!!!)

now for the cheap stuff! :biggrin:

a bottle of Mennen Skin Bracer original after shave
a bottle of Old Spice after shave

Jeff

Top Bottom