What's new

Acquisitions Monday Jan 23 - Sunday Jan 29

Crawdad said:
Rik,
There is a Vision for sale on E-bay if you are looking to buy one.

Bob
Thanks for the heads up Bob! :smile: I picked one up for $75. If you're ever in the market , a new can be had from Charles for $100 - which is where I purchased my first one.

rtaylor61 said:
Rik,

Are you giving up the straights???

Randy
Hi Randy,

Not completely. I'll be reducing my collection down to my favorites and those with sentimental value. When I switched to st8s I didn't use DEs at all. Then due to time constraints I recently picked up my slant and had forgotten how much I enjoyed using them. Prior to finding these forums and Merkurs, I used my Gillette Heavy for most of my shaving years (granted with a boars brush and Williams soap).

I truly enjoy shaving with a straight razor but my major trouble spot, my neck, is very evident with turtle necks this time of year. If I don't get my neck completely stubble free they irritate it even with my non-sensitive skin.

So the short answer is no, I’ll continue to use my straights, but only when I can take the time to really enjoy them.

Rik,

I agree. Check my SOTD for today...just added a Progress to the stable. Oh, to stay on topic, I picked up a C-Mon Wedge 5/8 straight to the stable today as well.

Randy

A Shavemac 220 arrived today. I gave it a run with a few creams and soaps this evening and I'm really impressed by what hair density will do for you. The added stiffness over my Vulfix 2234 really made a difference too with QED soaps, and I may finally change my mind about Proraso in tub. Can't wait to use it for my morning shave tomorrow.

That 220 is a gorgeous brush. I picked up a Burma-Shave Boar tonight at Wal Mart, along with another cake of Williams Shaving Soap.

Randy

I just received a SURPRISE from the wonderful folks at Baudelaire Soaps, the eTailers
that carry the great Provence Santé Mens shaving products and Provence Santé Mens Toilettries.
Provence Santé now offers shaving cream in a tube with their two signature men's fragrances,
Verlain and Green Tea. I'll be using the Green Tea tomorrow morning and let you know how
I enjoy it..

full

New Provence Santé Thé Vert Shaving Cream

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron- I look forward to your review of the Green Tea shave cream!

Today I received 2 oz bottles of the following Em's Place a/s splashes:

skindicinal, minty menthol, and cucumber.

Looking for a toner a/s splash combo besides Sharp's. I believe these all have witch hazel, so hopefully one or more will work out.

atnight said:
Ron- I look forward to your review of the Green Tea shave cream!

Today I received 2 oz bottles of the following Em's Place a/s splashes:

skindicinal, minty menthol, and cucumber.

Looking for a toner a/s splash combo besides Sharp's. I believe these all have witch hazel, so hopefully one or more will work out.
The cucumber won't disappoint... You missed the "balancing", though, one of my favorites....

Hello All,

Received this small Omega boar brush off eBay today. I found it aesthetic with the silver color ring at the bristle base, the barred bristles and the faux ivory handle. The inscription is not a decal like the one on the Omega brush next to to it (which already came off the plastic handle).

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

full

full

Hello Again, All

On the way to work this morning, I had to drop by CVS pharmacy for a few items and saw this lather cream. Will give it a go next week. It was only $2.99.
The pix shows it next to my other acquisition today, a small Omega boar brush.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

full

I just acquired a Simpson's Chubby 1 shave brush in super. A very nice brush indeed....soft tips, stiff bristles, and very dense. It will be my primary brush for soaps. I also scored some D.R. Harris Lavender shave soap from Robert at the Gentleman's Shop. He has always been an excellent vendor for me to deal with. :thumbup:
Also, is it just me or does anyone else notice that lavender has a "minty" type of scent? Just wondering.

Richard,

The Palmolive is not bad. Try adding a dollop onto the Williams shaving soap and watch the lather explode. One thing to watch for with Palmolive...they had a tube with GREEN printing on it...and it is brushless.

Randy

rschul2 said:
I just acquired a Simpson's Chubby 1 shave brush in super. A very nice brush indeed....soft tips, stiff bristles, and very dense. It will be my primary brush for soaps. I also scored some D.R. Harris Lavender shave soap from Robert at the Gentleman's Shop. He has always been an excellent vendor for me to deal with. :thumbup:
Also, is it just me or does anyone else notice that lavender has a "minty" type of scent? Just wondering.
I think another name for lavender is "Mediterranean Mint" - yes indeed :smile:

Top Bottom