What's new

Acquisitions Monday Feb 27- Sunday Mar 05

The weeks fly past and it is almost the month of March. Make sure you get you orders in to stock up on green shaving kit in time for St. Patrick's Day!

Time for a bit of catching up!
full

A coconut husk bowl, Trafalgar Grafton and Cadillac 1903 Shaving Mugg from JDogg (JD), the Vulfix 2234 Super Badger Brush
(for my son) and Merkur Slant Bar from Threeputt (Jeff), a Merkur Progress and a Merkur HD Classic, also for my son.
Oh, yeah, the brush in the back? It's a mystery brush...details will be forthcoming on that one! Yeah, it's been a good week!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought some essential oils from ebay, as well as a bunch of NEW and NEW STANDARD gillette razors. I'm still waiting on lots of stuff to arrive, namely a NETI Pot, atkinsons lavender, 'the third man' by caron, more as I get it.

Also, i picked up the final razor in one chapter of razor collecting.

full

And another to try out NEW razors.

full

My acquisition for today:

full

Feather RG Blue Razor with a bunch of extra blades
1 cake of St Charles Shave Soap - Bay Rum
1 bottle of St Charles After Shave Balm - Bay Rum
Sharps Scrub and Shave Gel samples

Thanks Richard (aka Rustyblade)

C&E sandalwood shaving soap
C&E sandalwood ASB
C&E sandalwood EDT
C&E sweet almond oil shaving cream
C&E sweet almond oil shaving soap
L'Occitane Eau Du Badian EDT
Luxo Banho bath soap

The Luxo Banho is wonderful bath soap! It's the size of a small football but boy is it moisturizing. It originated in Europe in the 1920s and is still going today.

full

St. Charles Shave Buttercreme
St. Charles Shave Shamrock Shaving Soap with Bowl
St. Charles Shave Savory Rose Shaving Soap with Bowl
St. Charles Shave Baron Spray EDT
St. Charles Shave Her Spice Body Lotion

Rik said:
St. Charles Shave Buttercreme
St. Charles Shave Savory Rose Shaving Soap with Bowl
St. Charles Shave Baron Spray EDT

I wonder how the Buttercreme compares to CAR A/S Moisture Cream? what do you think of the Savory Rose scent? How does it perform? Also, How's the Baron EDT? Thanks.

I've been thinking about picking some of these items up. Looking forward to some thoughts and comments from good ol' Rik. :biggrin:

Greetings RR,

Once I receive my SCS shipment I'll be able to do a direct comparison since today I received:

Simpsons Persian Jar #2 Silver Tip Brush
CAR Peppermint A/S Moisture Cream

I'll give a full report on the other items. I have no doubt the soap will perform exceedingly well based on her other products.

smoothfacejeff said:
2 bags of Bic disposables! (I did my brother in law a favor by taking them!)

That is one of the great things about this forum and it's members. Always looking out for others! :lol:

Randy

Randy, I've tried at least 5 times to get my brother-in-law to join our group. He's too shy by nature. In person, he's a great, great guy.

Jeff

I got my first order from Sue at Saint Charles Shave today. Almond shave soap, Rose shave soap, New Spice cologne, buttercream, and a couple of samples (spa butter and a new scent from Sue).

The soaps are incredibly fragrant. The almond might be the most intense almond scent out there. I can't wait to see how they shave.

Thanks to ponyplayer I have a adj. shick injector to play with!!!!!!!
FINALLY!!!!

All I need to do is find Scotto's post about cleaning one and my next SOTD will be with it. Any suggestions on what setting I should use????? Charles at QED said the highest and you can drag it all over your face with out a problem.

Also thanks to ponyplayer...

Shavemac Horn Imitation XXL Silver Tip Brush
QEDman Grapefruit & Peppermint Shaving Stick

gage0921 said:
Thanks to ponyplayer I have a adj. shick injector to play with!!!!!!!
FINALLY!!!!

All I need to do is find Scotto's post about cleaning one and my next SOTD will be with it. Any suggestions on what setting I should use????? Charles at QED said the highest and you can drag it all over your face with out a problem.
Sean,
A great deal depends upon the quality of the blade.. Have you purchased any particular brand?

Top Bottom