What's new

Acquisitions Monday Feb 13- Sunday Feb 19

Okay Lads! It's almost here.. "What," you say? St. Valentines Day. So to preclude a massacre, get out there and get SWMBO something nice. Valentine's acquisitions may be reported under Olympic shopping rules..:biggrin:

i received the small c&e brush, 1805 cologne/creams that I bought as well as a pair of nike air max ltd all black and a pair of imperial kings (denim).

Scotto said:
Got a botte of Musgo Real #2 from a fellow board member. I love this stuff!

Scotto, I have been eyeing does EDTs. Will you let us know what you think and how long they last.

Hi Andrew -

#2 Musgo has become a favorite of mine. Lasts (on me) a GOOD 6+ hours.

Wonderful stuff! Dry down is soft yet still masculine.

HlSheppard said:
Hi Andrew -

#2 Musgo has become a favorite of mine. Lasts (on me) a GOOD 6+ hours.

Wonderful stuff! Dry down is soft yet still masculine.

Howard, thanks for the info. I have been eyeing those colognes.

I had samples of all three, and they all exhibit good staying power. While they are all high-quality colognes, the #2 stands out as something really different (at least until of all of us end up buying it :wink: )

Scored a bottle of Freshman EDT from T&H thanks to the wife!

Gave her a bottle of Paul Smith Perfume for V-Day.

full

Black Mark Kashmir saffron and red cedar
Blue Mark Japanese juniper and ginger essence
Silver Mark ceylon cardamon and wild cypress

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotto said:
Those sound deliciously different, Ron. Make sure you tell us how they turn out.
SWMBO once again found a winner. I have not had the opportunity to wear them yet, but Ahhh the sniffing!

Another cologne for the stash, care of Rik.... Now I can match up that fantastic Arlington soap I have had for a while.

Hello All,

A modest acquisition today at Dilliard's department store. Went with my son; he needed to buy a wool coat and scarf for a trip next month to Chicago. While he was looking at the Fossil sunglasses, I looked around the fragrance counters. The only fragrance worth buying was Burberry. I don't have any Burberry Brit for Men shower gel so ...... A tad expensive, the most expensive shower gel I have ever bought!

Scotto, let us know about the Arlington. The shave cream and cologne are on my buy list.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

full

Hello All,

Another single purchase today. I have been looking for a vanilla EDT or cologne to complement my vanilla shave cream, shower gel, shampoo and talc. Finally found this one at Ulta. Wife picked it up this afternoon. Very nice vanilla scent, no mistaking it for anything else. The jasmine scent is very subtle. Ulta describes the notes as:

"This floriental scent begins with top notes of lemon, bergamot, and cassis followed by mid notes of jasmine angelica, gardenia and linden blossom. The scent closes on notes of tonka, amber, musk, sandalwood, and vanilla."

Only $30 for 1.7 oz at any Ulta store or www.ulta.com.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

full

from my little wifey!
Dolce & Gabbana edt (my favorite)
from my sister-in law:
Trussardi Uomo edt
from my mother-in law:
Yohji Yamamoto edt (I thought that was discontinued)
from my parents:
a beautiful gold chain
my gift to my wife:
a pair of gold earrings.

Jeff

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello All,

A modest acquisition today at Dilliard's department store. Went with my son; he needed to buy a wool coat and scarf for a trip next month to Chicago. While he was looking at the Fossil sunglasses, I looked around the fragrance counters. The only fragrance worth buying was Burberry. I don't have any Burberry Brit for Men shower gel so ...... A tad expensive, the most expensive shower gel I have ever bought!

Scotto, let us know about the Arlington. The shave cream and cologne are on my buy list.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Rik didn't care for the Arlington cologne, so his loss is my gain :001_smile . I have had the Arlington soap for quite some time, and it is wonderful stuff. The shave is superb, and the scent is light and citrusy with a hint of fern, almost powdery. The cologne is very fresh and never overpowering. I get hints of soft citrus and the green component is in the background. Very nice stuff.

Top Bottom