What's new

Acquisitions Monday Dec 12 - Sunday Dec 18

Okay Gents! Two weeks and counting till the fat guy in the funny red suit starts jammin'. (No, that's not Scotto!) Let us all deck the halls with great shaving gear for it is that time of year.

guenron said:
Okay Gents! Two weeks and counting till the fat guy in the funny red suit starts jammin'. (No, that's not Scotto!) Let us all deck the halls with great shaving gear for it is that time of year.
Easy there, big guy. I am about as far from Santa appearances as you can get. Besides, I am clean-shaven.:smile:

Well, I have a modest Acquisition to report. On Saturday my Tabac soap from Randy (rschul2) came in. Smells great, I plan on using it later today.

Thanks Randy!

-Nick

Randy,

As is the case with most of my shaving related products when they first come in, I sat for a good 20 minutes just sniffing it. I enjoy the scent. It reminds my of my grandfather (not a bad thing). I was really looking forward to having my morning shave and using some of it today, but alas, life got in the way, but I'll definitely be lathering some up later today.

-Nick

By 6:00 PM I should be in Acquisition Heaven! (Move over Quark!) Three boxes to arrive. Box one from QED with a Savile Row 208 Midi Tortoise, Lavender Hydrosol, Rose Hydorsol, and some Culture EdT by Tabac..(Also 50gms of a new Jasmine tea, ahh!) Box two from Baudelaire with some natural sea sponges. Box three from Taylors of Old Bond Street with some Mr Sidney Cologne, a new formulation of St James Herbal ASB, and some other goodies.:001_tt1: :w00t:

My QED order just arrived:w00t: I was skeptical about the Tabac but ordered on impulse but now that its here I wish that I purchased the a/s as well:001_tt1: The special 218 might have to grow on me but will see after first lather. Tonite it will be a lesson in soap lathering with tabac...seeing that ive never done this before.

Taylors of Old Bond Street Mr. Sidney Cologne
Rose Shaving Cream
Luxury Herbal Aftershave Cream (St. James Collection)
Mr. Taylor Roll-on Deodorant (Not Antiperspirant!)

full

I was charged VAT prices and now must figure out
  1. Why?
  2. How to recover it?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's odd about the VAT. Hope you get to the bottom of it. Sure would like to hear more about the Herbal Remedy A/S, though!

Well, tomorrow's the big day. I received a box from QED today that contained my Merkur HD classic, QED sandalwood shave stick, Taylor's of Old Bond Street Almond shaving soap and a sample of Taylor's Rose. I procured a Vulfix 377 super badger last week so in the morning, I set out on my maiden voyage and hope to rid myself of the evil Mach III at the same time.

atnight said:
That's odd about the VAT. Hope you get to the bottom of it. Sure would like to hear more about the Herbal Remedy A/S, though!
I had the (apparent) previous formulation of the Herbal Remedies St. James Collection Aftershave Balm that I had ordered several months back from the Gentlemans Shop. I found that it dried up in the dispensing orifice of the tube and clogged it quite effectively. When I last squeezed the tube the blockage broke loose unleashing a 5-day+ supply. I wrote to Taylors requesting that they evaluate reformulating or repackaging the Herbal Remedies ASB. They advised that they had reformulated just recently to meet EU requirements. So I shall give this new batch a try and report the results.:skep:

Dripp,

If the Merkur HD came with a blade...don't use it. My understanding is that in the shipping processes, some of the blades take a bit of a "beating". Best of luck to you, and we will wait for your report!

Randy

Dripp said:
Well, tomorrow's the big day. I received a box from QED today that contained my Merkur HD classic, QED sandalwood shave stick, Taylor's of Old Bond Street Almond shaving soap and a sample of Taylor's Rose. I procured a Vulfix 377 super badger last week so in the morning, I set out on my maiden voyage and hope to rid myself of the evil Mach III at the same time.

Charles carried Taylors Shaving Soap?

UPS box from QED was here when I got home...

Proraso Green Tube
Taylor's Lavender Tub Cream
Trumper's Sandalwood in the Tube
Two samples of Trumper's Coconut Oil Cream

Should have ordered some coral skin food and violet. Oh well, there's always next time.

:tongue:

joel said:
Charles carried Taylors Shaving Soap?
A loose (probably excited, looking forward with great anticipation and relish) reference to the splendid Taylors Almond Shaving Cream I am sure, as Taylors only makes sandalwood and lavender shaving soaps.:w00t:

Full-size shave cream, face soother, & invigorating body bar.
Travel-size shampoo, conditioner, styling gel, invigorating body wash, mild facial cleanser, body moisturizer, shave cream & invigorating body bar. A thoughtful and convenient packaging for trying toilettries without commiting to gallons of that which could turn out to be shelf filler. Righteous Eric!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
guenron said:
I had the (apparent) previous formulation of the Herbal Remedies St. James Collection Aftershave Balm that I had ordered several months back from the Gentlemans Shop. I found that it dried up in the dispensing orifice of the tube and clogged it quite effectively. When I last squeezed the tube the blockage broke loose unleashing a 5-day+ supply. I wrote to Taylors requesting that they evaluate reformulating or repackaging the Herbal Remedies ASB. They advised that they had reformulated just recently to meet EU requirements. So I shall give this new batch a try and report the results.:skep:

thx. i'm on the hunt for a new a/s to alternate my code blue with. look forward to the review. hopefully the reformulation worked out.

Top Bottom