What's new

Acquisitions Monday Dec 12 - Sunday Dec 18

guenron said:
A loose (probably excited, looking forward with great anticipation and relish) reference to the splendid Taylors Almond Shaving Cream I am sure, as Taylors only makes sandalwood and lavender shaving soaps.:w00t:

Wanna get jealous? One of my first shaving soaps was a bowl of DR Harris.... in ROSE. Cool eh? It was smashing good stuff... wish I saved it and sold it to one of you SCAD fellas for a fortune!

Here's the beauty!
full

and straddled by QED Lavender and Rose (the Water Sisters).

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron, could you take a picture of the SR-208 next to a couple of other brushes to give us an idea of its relative size?

Must have been a good boy this year. Here's what arrived this week:

Harris Arlington Shaving Soap
Harris Almond Shaving Soap
TH luxury Shaving Soap
Trumper Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Trumper Coconut Shaving Soap
Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk
Harris Arlington Cologne
Edwin Jagger / C&E Best Badger Brush
St. Charles Shave Shaving Brush
St. Charles Shave New Spice Body Gel
Taylor of Old Bond Street Cologne
Dominica Bay Rum Aftershave
Proraso After Shave "Splash"
Vulfix #374 Super Badger Shaving Brush
Couple of Filarmonica Str8s

Scotto said:
Ron, could you take a picture of the SR-208 next to a couple of other brushes to give us an idea of its relative size?
I think I can arrange to do that...

Rik said:

TH luxury Shaving Soap
Harris Arlington Cologne
Good show, Rik!! You'll be busy for a while trying all that stuff.

Thanks. I believe I finally have a well stocked den. The only problem now is there's so much to choose from. Such a decisions, decisions. :biggrin:

Rik said:
Thanks. I believe I finally have a well stocked den. The only problem now is there's so much to choose from. Such a decisions, decisions. :biggrin:
I had my soap/cream drawer open this morning, and my 6 year old came in, looked in it and said, "Is all that shaving stuff??" with a perplexed look.:wink:

Scotto,

Either you have a most understanding bride, or, you are a master at hiding things!

You keep this up, and you'll be using different products for the two different sides of your face!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Scotto,

Either you have a most understanding bride, or, you are a master at hiding things!

You keep this up, and you'll be using different products for the two different sides of your face!

Randy
The key is to attribute the *AD's to a mid-life crisis. Then SWMBO compares your acquisitions to what else you could be doing, and sees it as a harmless vice. :biggrin: :wink:

Scotto said:
The key is to attribute the *AD's to a mid-life crisis. Then SWMBO compares your acquisitions to what else you could be doing, and sees it as a harmless vice. :biggrin: :wink:
LOL!

Rik said:

TH luxury Shaving Soap
Harris Arlington Cologne

Ron: Did you ever report your home break-in to the police?

Jerry

Hello All,

Again, a modest score this week. Nothing to compare to Rik's treasure chest!

For me, left to right, St Charles Shower Gel (New Spice), St Charles Shampoo (New Spice), L'Occitane Cade Hair Gel, C-M Patchouli talc and C-M Sandalwood Shower Gel.

The St Charles products work great and have the signature New Spice scent. Perfect in the shower before a shave with New Spice shave soap or at the end of the day in the evening.

The Cade hair gel holds very well, without stiffness and is scented subtley with the Cade juniper fragrance. No braille on this tube.

Couldn't pass up a tin of patchouli talc at the C-M two day sale. And a bottle of Sandalwood shower gel. I think the C-M sandalwood fragrance is very nice. I also have the C-M sandalwood shampoo, body lotion and talc.

Cheers,

Richard
Plano TX

full

Tabac soap - smells nice - can't wait to try
Tabac Culture EDT - best $10.00 I ever spent on an EDT. Actually, only $10.00 EDT I ever bought.
9 ozs of Rose hydrosol - Mmmmmmm Rose
glass atomizer for above mentioned item
Merkur HD
2 sample vials of lime shaving cream - Trumper's maybe?

All will be put to good use tomorrow morning!

Jerry

full

DoubleE said:
Tabac soap - smells nice - can't wait to try
Tabac Culture EDT - best $10.00 I ever spent on an EDT. Actually, only $10.00 EDT I ever bought.
9 ozs of Rose hydrosol - Mmmmmmm Rose
glass atomizer for above mentioned item
Merkur HD
2 sample vials of lime shaving cream - Trumper's maybe?

All will be put to good use tomorrow morning!

Jerry

full
What's wrong with this picture? Besides the fact that this stuff isn't at my house, absolutely nothing! Jerry, you'll love that HD. Mine may wind up being the only DE that I keep, period. Oh, is that your reflection in the atomizer?

Randy

Top Bottom