What's new

Acquisitions Monday August 14th - Sunday August 20th

Suzuki said:
Bought a bottle of Booster Aquarius a/s splash from made by the same company who makes JM Fraser shaving cream.

This is a wringer for Pinaud Clubman and only cost me CAD$8 for a 14 oz bottle.

I also bought a tub of their Olive-On, which is a pomade-type product - again, a steal at CAD$9 for an 8 oz tub.

I know some of the other B&B members from Canada use a lot of the Booster products and I can honestly say I've never been as impressed with the quality of a line of men's grooming products as I have with this company's. Nothing fancy, just well-made, high quality products at reasonable prices - the company's been around since 1920 (which in Canadian terms is almost forever!), so they must be donig something right.

If you're ever in downtown Toronto, you should pop into their retail store - again, nothing fancy, just good products at good prices. They sell some of the Merkur razors, Omega, Vulfix and Kent brushes, Booster products and a small selection of the Pinaud range.

I really like Booster Lanolin Hair Cream.

Went to the retail stores and bought myself a starterskit from what's available here
- brush
- De vergulde hand shaving soap
- De vergulde hand aluin stick (yes, I'm expecting some bloodloss at my first DE shave)
- Merkur Long Handle Classic

full

Last edited by a moderator:
pokkuhlag said:
Went to the retail stores and bought myself a starterskit from what's available here
- brush
- De vergulde hand shaving soap
- De vergulde hand aluin stick (yes, I'm expecting some bloodloss at my first DE shave)
- Merkur Long Handle Classic

full

Try their shaving cream and a/s balsem, both very good products at good prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will, but there is a 3/4 bottle of old spice (that's probably very old) that needs to emptied first. I didn't see shaving cream in the stores though. I saw some shaving cream (own brand) in the body shop and it looks like it's tough to lather.

I picked up a bottle of C&E Sandalwood :)drool:) on Basenotes. This without knowing the Missus was going to suprise me with a bottle of the stuff!

Picked up some Floris Santal A/S Balm and Shaving Cream at Floris' 50% Off sale. SWMBO loved the Santal EDT so I figured "why not?"

Well, I haven't actually gotten it yet but I have ordered so I guess it counts for this week, one block of alum from classicshaving and three of Mama Bear's soaps. The soaps are Beau Brummel, Sandalwood, and the Frankincense & Myrhh. Much as I do feel the draw of assimilation I do have to take it real, real slow. I'm trying to be responsible and stay on a kinda budget.

Creslin said:
Well, I haven't actually gotten it yet but I have ordered so I guess it counts for this week, one block of alum from classicshaving and three of Mama Bear's soaps. The soaps are Beau Brummel, Sandalwood, and the Frankincense & Myrhh. Much as I do feel the draw of assimilation I do have to take it real, real slow. I'm trying to be responsible and stay on a kinda budget.
Enjoy, but Marty said it true, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!:lol:

Scotto said:
Back from my trip, and look what awaits:
IMG_2563_3_1.JPG

Penhaligon's....

Opus 1870 EdT
Blenheim Bouquet set: EdT, shave cream, ASB, hand soap, razor (which I won't use - anyone who wants it can PM me).

BTW, I already have two bottle of BB - damn that *AD!

Jealousy rears its ugly head.

1 bottle of Corn Huskers Lotion
1 bottle Thayers Rose witch hazel

2 pairs of slacks and an ionic dog brush also.

javyn said:
1 bottle of Corn Huskers Lotion
1 bottle Thayers Rose witch hazel

2 pairs of slacks and an ionic dog brush also.
Hi John,
Is an ionic dog an AKC recognized breed? Come from somewhere in Greece?:confused1

Top Bottom