What's new

Acquisitions Monday August 14th - Sunday August 20th

I picked up some cool stuff at the Barber supply shop today.:thumbup:
Master witch hazel
Master well comb
A big tube of shaving soap cakes.:biggrin: these have a nice clean scent.
Pinaud hair tonic
Cheers, DJ.

The good thing about me living in Europe is that it keeps my "shopping around" habits to a bare minimum since it takes a week or two before my shipments arrive. Because of this I more or less "define" what I want to buy and place an order with preferably the same company to try out different products.

Of course the the bad thing about ordering in the US and letting it ship to Europe is that my orders tend to be much larger to avoid double or tripple shipping costs on multiple packages. :wink:

I've also noticed there are quite alot UK stores which allow you to order online and have it shipped to Belgium so my AD's will be developing soon.

Back from my trip, and look what awaits:
IMG_2563_3_1.JPG

Penhaligon's....

Opus 1870 EdT
Blenheim Bouquet set: EdT, shave cream, ASB, hand soap, razor (which I won't use - anyone who wants it can PM me).

BTW, I already have two bottle of BB - damn that *AD!

Dinder1 said:
I picked up some cool stuff at the Barber supply shop today.:thumbup:
Master witch hazel
Master well comb
A big tube of shaving soap cakes.:biggrin: these have a nice clean scent.
Pinaud hair tonic
Cheers, DJ.

DJ, I'm not familiar with the "Barber supply shop", is this local to Portland?

Dinder1 said:
I just received my new Muhle & Pinsel 23mm silvertip, and a tub of Taylor's Avocado cream. I am very impressed wth the fit and finish of the M&P, it must weigh at least twice as much as my 23mm Shavemac. Here are some pic's of my new beauty.:biggrin:
Cheers, DJ.
Very classy looking brush!

TraderJoe said:
DJ, I'm not familiar with the "Barber supply shop", is this local to Portland?
Hey Joe, yes it is a local beauty and barber supply store here in Portland. The soap in the picture has no brand name that I can find, but the lather, oh the lather. I have never used a shaving soap or cream that had this kind of insane lather.
Cheers, DJ.

Dinder1 said:
Hey Joe, yes it is a local beauty and barber supply store here in Portland. The soap in the picture has no brand name that I can find, but the lather, oh the lather. I have never used a shaving soap or cream that had this kind of insane lather.
Cheers, DJ.

Wow, I've got to check that out. My g-friend and I have some friends that live in portland, so when we visit I'll have to check it out. Is the actual name "Barber Supply Store?"

TraderJoe said:
Wow, I've got to check that out. My g-friend and I have some friends that live in portland, so when we visit I'll have to check it out. Is the actual name "Barber Supply Store?"
Joe, I will have to look up the name, but drop me a line when your headed west.
Cheers, DJ.

Busy Week...for me that is!

Just a little Comfort Buying.....SWMBO has become She Who Had To Be Obeyed:frown:

Shavemac 22563
http://shavemac.com/index.php?lang=en&area=men&sel=2&cat=1&product=22563&prod_id=5

Rooney Style 1 Small Super
http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog/Style_1_Small_Super_Shaving_Brush.html#a1101

LT Piver Reve D'Or
LT Piver Cuir de Russie
LT Piver Cologne des Prince

Schick Grip Injector Razor
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25766&item=110020243951

Regards
Brian

Nice looking little Shavemac. I have one in pure as well, and it's a scrubby sucker.:w00t: , in a good way of course.
Cheers, DJ.

After having been in stock for months at Obsessis house I finally gave the go ahead of him to send out the package last monday so it took 11 days to arrive not so bad.
offcourse insured airmail !!!!!! dont ever skimp on $3-4 to save a few bucks

2 packs today.

1- Ebay score massage oil made from dead sea minerals
2- other pack containing..

- 250 Feather PT DE blades (from Cottonblossom homepage)
-LAvender Witch hazel 12fl Oz bottle
-Col Conk shave soap Almond (from Cottonblossom homepage)
-PSO Oil
- Schick injector 7 blades pack (2)
-some sort of Face cloth (from Cottonblossom homepage)
-plastic pippetes for decanting
-Brittney's Hairshaper ( what is this ? !!! he just send me this as a bonus
looks like a straight razor with replaceable blades ? oh I already feel straight razors are not made for me this feels so dangerous and weird in the hand the blade is really sharp but the wrong angle and im making dinner out of my face
-Kiss my Face moisture shave 12fl OZ in a trade for 50 derby's from B&B member.
-Quercus by Penhaligons London 1.7 oz basenote deal. :drool:

Bought a bottle of Booster Aquarius a/s splash from made by the same company who makes JM Fraser shaving cream.

This is a wringer for Pinaud Clubman and only cost me CAD$8 for a 14 oz bottle.

I also bought a tub of their Olive-On, which is a pomade-type product - again, a steal at CAD$9 for an 8 oz tub.

I know some of the other B&B members from Canada use a lot of the Booster products and I can honestly say I've never been as impressed with the quality of a line of men's grooming products as I have with this company's. Nothing fancy, just well-made, high quality products at reasonable prices - the company's been around since 1920 (which in Canadian terms is almost forever!), so they must be donig something right.

If you're ever in downtown Toronto, you should pop into their retail store - again, nothing fancy, just good products at good prices. They sell some of the Merkur razors, Omega, Vulfix and Kent brushes, Booster products and a small selection of the Pinaud range.

Suzuki said:
I know some of the other B&B members from Canada use a lot of the Booster products and I can honestly say I've never been as impressed with the quality of a line of men's grooming products as I have with this company's. Nothing fancy, just well-made, high quality products at reasonable prices - the company's been around since 1920 (which in Canadian terms is almost forever!), so they must be donig something right.

I have the Booster's Polar Ice and Island Bay Rum Aftershaves and they are truly amazing products for the price. I think I paid $7 Canadian for each.
A picture of them below:

Also received today: some Mama Bear and Honeybee soaps, both are very nice, rich, thick lather and nice scents.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom