What's new

Acquisitions Monday Apr 10 - Sunday Apr 16

guenron said:
Nicely done Kujo!
What was that about a fool and his money? Ah, now I remember. Something like, "...find themselves fully invested in RAD!"

I keep telling myself, "It's a quality of life issue, dammit! Who can put a price on happiness?" :biggrin:

2 HUGE bars of DALAN bath soap. (Made in Turkey) This soap is made with olive oil, and is beautifully scented, and fantastic even for washing the hair, and is very soothing for sensitive skin. Cheap too, 1$ each.

Jeff

KUJO said:
I keep telling myself, "It's a quality of life issue, dammit! Who can out a price on happiness?" :biggrin:
Who you say? Paris Hilton of course, and, it is by (no perhaps rented?) the hour.
Carpe Diem!

After taking the my wife and two year old son for a visit to the Houston Zoo this morning we made a detour on the way home for a few things. I also got a fee sample of the T&H shaving oil. I do agree with you guys, this 1805 smells great.

proxy.php

seems im on a roll: got 2 straights, the first has a dark colored horn handle and reads "Manufactured Frederick Reynold Sheffield"

the second has what i think to be a natural whitish horn handle and reads "Joseph Elliot's Best Silver Steel Sheffield ENG"

and to round it out i got a 74 black handle adjustable in very nice shape :smile:

I was hoping my Savile Row 3226 would come today, but alas no. So, here's what did come this week:

Taylor's Rose Tub
Talyor's Shaving Shop Tub
Derby Blades

Regarding the Taylor's Shaving Shop cream, if you haven't tried this one yet...get it! The scent really evokes memories of my father's (and my grandfather's for that matter) shaving soap. Truely a classicly scented cream that has hit home with me and will be a permanent part of my rotation.

The Rose cream has a very light scent, maybe too light. I'm waiting to use it a few more times to be sure.

I've only used the Derby blades once, but I'm fairly impressed so far. They seem very sharp and to have a "smooth" feel to them for lack of a better term.

Happy Easter my brothers.

Happy Easter to you as well. Saying the Taylor's Rose is lightly scented is very odd indeed. It is generally an extremely intense scent, perhaps one of the strongest out there. Might I ask where you got it from? The other option is that Taylor might have altered it during their recent round of reformulations, which would be a great shame.

Scotto said:
Happy Easter to you as well. Saying the Taylor's Rose is lightly scented is very odd indeed. It is generally an extremely intense scent, perhaps one of the strongest out there. Might I ask where you got it from? The other option is that Taylor might have altered it during their recent round of reformulations, which would be a great shame.

I have one of the "new" tubs of Taylor's Rose and find it to be anything but mild.

I recieved the Taylor's Rose from Classic Shaving and have only used it once (Friday) so far. The tub itself is fairly aromatic, but once lathered up it seemed much less fragrant. Keep in mind that by Friday I'm pretty tired, even in the morning, so I may not have been awake enough to fully appreciate it. Maybe I'll bump if forward in rotation and try it again tomorrow.

A good friend of mine recently sent me a boatload of stuff to try out.

Fragrance samples from: GFT, T&H, Penhaligon's, AOS, & Knize
proxy.php

T&H Trafalgar Shave cream & not pictured is Saint Charles Shave - Shamrock shave soap and several different samples of shave soaps
proxy.php

Kyle said:
A good friend of mine recently sent me a boatload of stuff to try out.

Fragrance samples from: GFT, T&H, Penhaligon's, AOS, & Knize

T&H Trafalgar Shave cream & not pictured is Saint Charles Shave - Shamrock shave soap and several different samples of shave soaps

Dude, that's some friend you got. If he (she?) is looking for any other pals out there, let 'em know I'm available. :biggrin:

Your taste in friends is very good Kyle, nice selection of items to try there.

BTW, I used the Taylor's Rose again this morning and the rose scent seemed just right to my well rested nose.:001_smile I may not have had the cream/water ratio just ideal on Friday as I used just slightly more cream today.

We've yet to use the laundry soap--I'll try to post a review when we do.

I really like the Butch--though truth be told I like combining the Butch and Fem even better--now i just need to fool my wif. . er, I mean, ask her if I can borrow her perfume. Can't believe I just wrote that. . .

We're from upstate NY, so the whole U-M/MSU thing is a bit of an acquired taste--but we're learning!

Mitch

mscott said:
MROB: Please let me know how you like the laundry detergent. What scent did you get? I'm thinking of getting some, but wanted to get an idea of how strong the sent was and if it lived up to the description in on the website.

I'm using the Butch cologne now (sample vile) and thinking of buying the 1 oz bottle. What is your thought (and wife's thought) on it?

Michigan State, eh? I'm a U of Michigan Law School graduate. Still, you're ok from what I can tell. :biggrin:

Top Bottom