What's new

Acquisitions Monday Apr 10 - Sunday Apr 16

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a Turkish supermarket here in Montreal that sells Arko colognes--no creams or soaps though :frown: but I bought:

a bottle of "Cool aftershave/cologne
a bottle of "Sunset" aftershave/ cologne (never heard of this scent) :rolleyes:

Jeff

Well gents, I caved to the SCAD itch once again.

ARKO, ARKO, Burning Bright (Cool, Regular, Lemon, Citrus, Commando, & Soap)
full

Ron, Jerry, we may need to call an emergency COWSBC swap-meet!

Well, full speed ahead there, KUJO! I thought I had gone overboard with my Arko order of 9 items (still waiting on their arrival), but you have made me feel a bit miserly.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Kyle said:
Well, full speed ahead there, KUJO! I thought I had gone overboard with my Arko order of 9 items (still waiting on their arrival), but you have made me feel a bit miserly.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Resistance is futile--prepare to be assimilated :a34:

This is a little blade sharpening gadget I got off ebay the other day for $7AU.
I mainly got it because it's one of those odd things you'd see hanging around your grandfathers shaving cabinet. I am not sure if it does any good but I might test it on every second blade and see if it seems to extend it's life.

The Keena Safety Razor Hone Sharpener C.1932

This item is made of steel - is still in its original packaging with original instructions, and has not been used.

Sourced from a now defunct hairdresser/tobacconist

Note the patent date - indicating a year of manufacture of (approx) 1932.

Hone measures 2.25 x 1 2/3 inches​

KUJO said:

full

What a MAN! You're setup to move to Montreal with SmoothFaceJeff, aka Crackstar, and extol the virtues of Arko Shaving stuff!
I think our next meeting is the weekend of the 23rd?

guenron said:
What a MAN! You're setup to move to Montreal with SmoothFaceJeff, aka Crackstar, and extol the virtues of Arko Shaving stuff!
I think our next meeting is the weekend of the 23rd?

Ron, I think you meant a commune. :biggrin:

mrob said:
Thanks to my recent foray to San Francisco!

Nancy Boy shave cream
Nancy Boy hand lotion
Nancy Boy laundry detergent
Nancy Boy "Butch" cologne
Nancy Boy "Fem" perfum (for my lovely wife)
Nancy Boy soaps (3 scents)
Nancy Boy shampoo
Nancy Boy hair gel
Nancy Boy moisturizing cream (freebie--gotta love it)

from QED:
2 shave sticks, B&B and patchouli
shave brush holder
Vision leather pouch

MROB: Please let me know how you like the laundry detergent. What scent did you get? I'm thinking of getting some, but wanted to get an idea of how strong the sent was and if it lived up to the description in on the website.

I'm using the Butch cologne now (sample vile) and thinking of buying the 1 oz bottle. What is your thought (and wife's thought) on it?

Michigan State, eh? I'm a U of Michigan Law School graduate. Still, you're ok from what I can tell. :biggrin:

old schick injector (my first injector), a 53 SS and an aristocrat with no date code ($14 total)

i also picked up some injector blades and GEM type single edge blades so i can give the injector a spin and apparently im going to give the old GEM i found a shot too! going to be a fun weekend

KUJO said:

full

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Im just a beginner im not even Worthy yet I see that now.. WTH ! Kujo ist Der Meister oder was ? never mind more reason to buy some Tabac Creme or so.. and more and more and...Arko hmm never tried that either or oh well today my package from Uk arrived T&H 1805 balm, GFT lime creme etc. My hairs dont grow that fast on my face to try all the stuff I got from OBsessis aswell maybe I should start shaving in other areas but where ? :lol:

With The Grain said:
old schick injector (my first injector), a 53 SS and an aristocrat with no date code ($14 total)

i also picked up some injector blades and GEM type single edge blades so i can give the injector a spin and apparently im going to give the old GEM i found a shot too! going to be a fun weekend

Nice buy with certainly a nice price tag. $4,33 per razor

joel said:

Speechles what a beauty I wished they would make them with real ivory you cant beat that. thats why im looking for a real old Jewel old German Grandpiano Bechstein, they still had the real ivory keys sure they need cleaning after a while but the touch is so much better...

Picked up a tub of the T&H Shave Soap to compliment the T&H 1805, Merkur HD, and Euro Gillette blades. Also, acquired samples of C&E Nomad and Almond SC.

Well I've been intrigued by the looks of Gillette Aristrocrats since I first saw their faux gold gleam on e-bay...things of beauty that I must have and so here they are...
full

Of course what intrigued me most was the blade-holder. What gentleman can be without a Double Edge Razor Blade holder? I might as well wear my underwear on the outside!

I can already hear the concierge tell the Hilton hotel manager that the guest in room 1017 shaves with a gold razor and has a 10-pack of Japanese Feathers in a GOLD RAZOR BLADE HOLDER! :w00t:, whereupon the hapless Hilton hotel manager immediately upgrades me to the Presidential Suite and asks when he should have Miss Paris sent upstairs. :ihih:
full

Back on planet Earth however, Tom (vontech) sent a complimentary tube of Tom's which arrived today and that'll get used this Sunday. Thanks Tom.
full

Nicely done Kujo!
What was that about a fool and his money? Ah, now I remember. Something like, "...find themselves fully invested in RAD!"

Top Bottom