What's new

Acquisitions June 8 - 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Stoddard's in Newton, MA today and walked out with a tube of Musgo Real shaving cream and a bottle of Musgo Real aftershave splash. :thumbup:

Just snagged off daBay for $16.00. I believe it to be a 46-47 aristocrat. Hopefully it's in nice shape...

proxy.php
proxy.php

1956 Tech with unopened pack of blue blades in it's box - stamped "Gift of the American Red Cross - Not to be sold." Which I believe means it is a war razor.

Razor is in excellent shape - used maybe once or twice. Box is in very good shape.

1956 Tech with unopened pack of blue blades in it's box - stamped "Gift of the American Red Cross - Not to be sold." Which I believe means it is a war razor.

Razor is in excellent shape - used maybe once or twice. Box is in very good shape.

Very nice!

During the summertime there is a car-trunk sale the two first weekends of each month here in Horsens. This year my girlfriend and I have been going there almost every time, first time I found an alu handle Brit. Tech, for D.Kr. 30m not a great deal, but I bought it - today our persistence paid off:

proxy.php

I was going through a big box containing at lot of small boxes (always check out the small boxes :smile:) when my eye caught this. It looked rather familiar

proxy.php

Upon opening the box I saw this; a Gillette single-ring i nice condition, the plating on the handle is nearly gone, but on the head and knob it is intact and the teeth are all perfectly straight. The box had some rust that I polished off, the razor did not need to be polished

proxy.php

proxy.php

I have a terrible poker-face so I always wear sunglasses at flea-markets, as most sellers will try to gather how much you want a thing by looking you in the eyes, thus setting the price after that. The seller gave the box a quick look, then he looked briefly at me, looked back at the razor, and then said: "Will you give me D.Kr. 30 for it?" Smilingly I paid him and went off feeling rather much like a thief in the night.

D.Kr. 30 is $ 5.50 :biggrin:

Regards.

Jakob

You sly dog you......Very, very nice score Jakob.....:thumbup:

I have a terrible poker-face so I always wear sunglasses at flea-markets, as most sellers will try to gather how much you want a thing by looking you in the eyes, thus setting the price after that. The seller gave the box a quick look, then he looked briefly at me, looked back at the razor, and then said: "Will you give me D.Kr. 30 for it?" Smilingly I paid him and went off feeling rather much like a thief in the night.

D.Kr. 30 is $ 5.50 :biggrin:

Regards.

Jakob

My prize are the two Georgetown Scuttles. One personalized with my bulldogs
The other is Harmada and purple. Some creams and soaps I recently reordered.

Last edited:
I got lucky today. Found a razor that hadn't found it's way into the collection: an Empire-handled Pocket Edition. Found a 1914 today in a basketweave box. Pictured below on the left.

Next to it are the 1956 Red Cross Tech and the leather-cased Rolls I found yesterday.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Bath and Body has a BOGO sale going on for all of their C&O Bigelow stuff (thru July I believe) picked up 6 tubes of their Proraso shave cream. gave out three to uncles and have three for me. :001_smile:001_smile:001_smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom