What's new

Acquisitions June 8 - 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....since I don't visit The States that often, and the postage to send it over here is quite steep, I decided to just go for it.
My intention is to give some of it (the Mama Bear and SCS at least) away to other Danes/Scandinavians when I decide what I like. I'll keep you posted if you're interested.

Actually, Mama Bear sent me a couple of extras, which means that I have two of the Aromatic Pipe Tobacco, so if anybody is interested in a trade or at least wants to try it real bad, here in Scandinavia, let me know.

That is a very kind thought. I would be very interested indeed :smile:

Regards.

Jakob

Here's the lot I won:
proxy.php

It cost a little more for it than what I would have paid for the Super Adjustable I was after. They cleaned up well, and I'm very happy.

From left to right (feel free to correct my inaccuracies, and and add any educational comments - I'm only a few weeks in and learning):

Old Style - well-worn, plating loss, cracked shaft. Neat old razor.

Slim Adjustable N4 - Very nice condition, black numbers, and my birth year! This one replaces my current slim adj.

Slim Super Adjustable V4 - Looks like it's hardly been used. 90% paint on the numbers. Works great. Plastic handle is a bit of a disappointment. Got a pretty good first shave off it.

Gem Micromatic - A little plating loss on some of the hard corners, but in overall good shape. Mechanically sound. I was surprised at the heft of this one.

Gem Featherweight - Lots of the gold plating is gone, but in good shaving-shape. Handle cleaned up nice. I like the simplicity.

Straight - Looked pretty rough, so I went at it with the dremel. It had a lot of rust and staining. Plastic scales. I cleaned it up, but the edge is pitted. Trademark is 'RESPECT' and it's marked '553' on the other side.

With the exception of the Super Adjustable, I'll probably try these out, and then pass them along, one way or another.

Some of my stuff I've gotten for this week:

proxy.php

TOBS Rose
TOBS Avacodo
Vintage Blades Triple Milled soap (Got left out sadly)
Gillette E4 Fatboy
Gillette L2 Slim Adjustable
Gillette 1948-50 Aristocrat with case and Gillette Blue blades
Rooney Faux Horn Emillion
Radiumite Straight
Milwaukee Straight in Comfort Razor box (Mismatch)

The Aristocrat and the Radiumite are special as the Aristocrat belonged to my grandfather, and the Radiumite belonged to my great grandfather! :cool: I bought the Milwaukee Straight at an antique store. Not shave ready yet I don't think, plus I'm not ready to use a straight, but someday I'll give it a try, but some reason I just couldn't leave the little guy behind. Just something about the scales I liked. But it's been a good week so far, and I might have my DB scuttle I ordered this week as well, so been a very good week! In acuality the past month has been good, been having all sorts of things coming in for awhile now. Been on too much of a buying spree that's going to have to end. :blush:

Holdin' 3 Aces. The Tech and Slim are in very good condition. The Slim has original black in all it's numbers. The '58 TV Special has a little brassing and discoloration. No rattles or sticking on any of them. Got 'em all in the same thrift shop near my apartment. Cleaned up real nice. Next time I won't photograph them against a red background.

Scored a few razors this week. Scored a fatboy e4, slim adjustable no date code with notch, and slim adjustable L3. The slim and superspeed wer had for 11.00 including tax. Were rusted, green, and covered in black gunk at places. I cleaned them a lot but I am sure someone else could do better.
proxy.php

proxy.php

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Ok, I officially overdid it, but I think my SSAD is oficially over now.

I just returned from US to this package:
proxy.php

But in the US I received this from Mama Bear and SCS:
proxy.php

proxy.php

So I guess I'm good for a couple of years, at least until I start PIFing stuff to have an excuse to buy new :)

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Sue and Sue on the Grand Opening of their new European location. :eek:

Spanning the globe...

:biggrin:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

So I guess I'm good for a couple of years, at least until I start PIFing stuff to have an excuse to buy new :)
Holy buckets! You've got better inventory than many stores! :laugh:

The last two BB shaving soaps (tallow formula) from Harvey Nichols at Dubai U.A.E :smile::smile::smile:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I got another British made Gillette Parat in the mail, this time in box and in much better condition than the one I already had (which will now go in my PIF pool):

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Regards.

Jakob

Just got back from the 75% and B1G1 at B&BW

- 4 Tubes of CO Bigelow Proraso cream - $10.00 total
- 1 bottle of Bigelow Bay Rum - $4.00 :lol:
- 2 bottles of the Bigelow aftershaves (black and red)

Bottle of Gucci by Gucci (had to have this scent, very gently)

and I ordered my first Rooney 3/1 in Super today. :thumbsup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Good God, man! :thumbup:

A selection of Mama Bear's finest.

proxy.php

• Aged Spice
  • Mysore Sandalwood
  • Spellbound Woods
  • Frankincense & Myrhh
  • Awakenings
  • Ye Olde Barbershoppe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom