What's new

Acquisitions June 22 - 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just snagged this while fishing on the bay!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

• Cella "Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima" Soap
  • GUYANA Double Distilled BAY RUM

Also picked up a copy of 'Leisure Guy's Guide to Gourmet Shaving'..

V

VR6ofpain

Japanese Hayashi Marten Sidi frameback. "Best Horo Ground" Talk about sharp, this is like a fresh Feather DE blade...but smooth. Crazy sharp. Passed the HHT test.

Thanks Seth!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The C&E in Honolulu is going out of business in 5 days. Mostly empty now, but picked up the Black/Chrome Super Badger brush for ~$30 (sticker price $104).

Now I just have to figure out if this thing is supposed to come with a travel tube (and if that's worth buying separately). I didn't even get a box. :confused:

Stopped by Atlanta Barber Supply today at lunch and picked up a bottle of Osage Rub and tube of Clubman shaving cream

proxy.php

Ok...so I won poonjaji's Active duty PIF http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=93658&highlight=active+dutyand there was father's day all in one weekend. I went from bone dry shave den to fat in two days. Yeah, I said holy cr!!! when the PIF box arrived.

Razors: Merkur 38C, Gil Super Adj, Brit Rocket (all from PIF); 40s notched SS, I4 dated Slim Adj and D4 and E1 Fat Boys (from the Bay...thanks wife for a great bundle find.)

The brushes are: Center from the PIF, the left one is by Rudy Vey (Mesquite fat handled Golden Nib 24mm Finest Badger) My Texan Special. The right one was purchased by wife...from VGOD (another site member). There's something just a bit more special about a custom turned piece of wood that has more soul to me than a faux anything can provide. Thanks guys.

You can figure the creams and soaps from the bowls and the PIF. The Cade was purchased on wife's recommendation, she loves the smell...total cost of bowl and cade puck was 16 bucks...in Orlando.

Also got a Dirty Bird Brush scuttle and matching bowl in her new brown.

I've already PIF'd a Star DE, the Derby shave cream, some Lush Brushless gel, a brush and a few blades to a retired military member and some of this other stuff will go forward as soon as this noob figures out what works for me. This PIF thing might be a whole lot of fun.

Thanks to B&B, Poonjaji, Rudy, VGOD and Dirty Bird. I haven't received anything that wasn't impressive in quality and craftsmanship. I'm impressed with the quality and attention to detail that these people put into their work and information.

Thanks again. Joel

Last edited:
Two Englishmen and Two Americans walk into a bathroom in Australia................ :001_smile

So I have a bad case of SSASSAD ( Shane Silcox Acrylic Shaving Stand Acquisition Disorder ) fueled by my RAD.

2 months ago I ordered a 2 DE 1 Brush and now for my rotation I needed to upgrade. Means no more storing in the cupboard when out of rotation.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Got a nice round Ginge (Danish razorblade brand) bakelite case, containing a ball-end Gillette NEW w. mismatched baseplate and an ornate Gillette bladebox, in the mail today.

Ginge has made some razors on their own, but I believe that the Gillette NEW and bladebox (a type often forund in NEW sets) actually are original to this case.

Regards.

Jakob

Very nice case style Jakob.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Got a nice round Ginge (Danish razorblade brand) bakelite case, containing a ball-end Gillette NEW w. mismatched baseplate and an ornate Gillette bladebox, in the mail today.

Ginge has made some razors on their own, but I believe that the Gillette NEW and bladebox (a type often forund in NEW sets) actually are original to this case.

Regards.

Jakob

Yep, it's pretty cool.

Now I just need to find a US made gold Gillette NEW baseplate instead of the mismatched one.

Regards.

Jakob

Picked this up at a antique shop in Muncie Indiana.

As you can see it's made in Italy.

Does anybody know anything about these two items?

Krect Spiral Curve™ double edge razor.

In spite of the appearances, all surfaces are chrome.

proxy.php

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom