What's new

Acquisitions July 27 - August 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wanted to say this so:

Let's see the goods for the week!

I'll start first.

I got this on the mail today.

Is the booklet that came (or you could buy) with the WWI Military set.

Is pretty nice, has 20 pages with loads of information about the army, and some advertisement on the new Gillette Models (New Standard, Officer's set, and Pocket Editions).

some pictures of the Booklet and Also my Military Set
proxy.php

I got this on a car boot sale over the weekend, and I must say I'm pretty happy with it.
It came with 4 blades, 3 of which show no sign of been used, and the paper wrap in excellent condition.

The Rolls Imperial N°2

proxy.php

This beauty arrived from Georgetown Pottery yesterday.
proxy.php

I've also got a couple more boxes that should be coming this week. I think I might be coming down with an Acquisition Disorder....

got this cool (What I was hoping was a slant) today from the bay. It's a vintage slant without any markings except the case which is bakelight and states "Golf" on the top. The razor is aluminum I believe due to the weight.

Palmolive shaving cream.
After the excellent reviews here, I just had to pick up one.

proxy.php

I am not disappointed at all; at a mere 2 USD it really is great value!

Got a small package from Charles at QED today. Pashana Eau De Portugal hair tonic, cedarwood and pine shave stick, T&H West Indian Limes, Proraso, and a Merkur SLANT BAR Double Edge gold razor #37G. Oh Happy Days.

Little hollow W&B I picked up today.

says 'SPECIAL' with an arrow through it and 'Wade & Butcher. Sheffield England' on the other.

Now to the sandpaper!

Got a small package from Charles at QED today. Pashana Eau De Portugal hair tonic, cedarwood and pine shave stick, T&H West Indian Limes, Proraso, and a Merkur SLANT BAR Double Edge gold razor #37G. Oh Happy Days.

Great stuff. You're going to love that slant. I was curious, how would you describe the hair tonic. Does it keep your hair in place? Does it leave it stiff, is there any oil in it, what's the fragrance like? Thanks in advance.

There is no oil in the Pashana tonic. I am a normal to oily type person. You know, normal when I get out of the shower in the morning and burning eyes oily by the end on the day.

Based on information I gleaned here at B&B, I switched to Nexxus shampoo and began using Pashana at the same time, about six months ago, due to a long standing small dandruff problem which has completely gone away.

It has a citrus fragrance. I normally apply it after I shave so my hair is still a little damp from the shower. Somewhat like aftershave I put some in my hand and rub it into my hair and scalp. Comb my hair, put on my St Christopher, and I'm ready to get dressed. It provides a small amount of hold as my hair finishes drying.

Does it help? I think so, but any data I have would be anecdotal (YMMV). I enjoy using the product and personally would recommend it to others.

Hope I answered your question.

Okay. Today is officially Christmas in July!! I received 3 shipments all at once today.

First, I received my Simpson Two Band CH2 & PJ2 from Tony at Penworks:

full

I also received some love from Sue at SCS. That order included:

• SCS Mint Chocolate Shave Stick
  • SCS Coconut Aftershave Milk
  • SCS Samples (Avocado Oil Aftershave Balm, Lime Extract Aftershave Milk & Bay Rum Aftershave Balm)

On top of that, I received a bottle of Proraso Liquid Cream After Shave.

I'm done. :blushing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week I sent an email requesting 3 specific samples...

Today I just returned from Cairo to find an evelope from Penhaligon - they gave me two of the three. That was nice.

Byrequest@Penhaligons<dot>com

Very clean 1963 Lady Gillette...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Got it for my girlfriend but haven't told her. Not sure if she'll be interested in using it or not but if not I'll definitely use it!!

This beauty found it's way home today.This is the closest to Mint I've seen in a long time. It has never been used to the best of my knowledge....:biggrin:

proxy.php

Picked up some My Time Bath and Body tallow "cream soap". Bourbon Vanilla.

Also picked up samples of "GFT" and "Bay Rum" flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom