What's new

Acquisitions July 13 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the 13th here so I thought I'd start off the new week with my mega score.

2 honed straights, white strop pate, Aqua Velva, Williams, VDH and a Whole lot of safety razors including:

Injectors
Gillette Double Ring
NEWs
Old Types
SuperSpeeds
Aristocrats

proxy.php

I got them all in a big ebay lot here

Extra Special Thanks go to SavantStrike, couldn't have gotten all this stuff without your help Chris :biggrin:

Nice score, by looking at the bay pictures, it seems you got yourself a Diplomat and an Aristocrat. See how the Aristocrat has a "smooth" surface between the knob and the handle, and the Diplomat has all the handle and knob with the same surface.

So I did! I didn't even notice that, it'll look nice sitting next to my President.

Unfortunately its end caps are gone though.

I bought this on the 'bay last week, but it arrived today. A very very nice '28 New Standard Gold. The pictures on the auction didn't do it justice and I was extremely pleased with what I received. You be the judge.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So I did! I didn't even notice that, it'll look nice sitting next to my President.

Unfortunately its end caps are gone though.

I know how you feel about the caps. I had a couple with the same problem, I kept them just in case I needed "spare parts" until eventually I gave one to my nephew and the other to a friend of mine.

Snagged this lonely fellow from E-bay where no one else wanted him. He arrived today, along with some nice Ted Pella blades and a 5 pack of Sharks from Bull Goose.

So my score comes with a story, I had been at an estate sale looking for razors and other things and the woman running it only had a G-Bar at the time which she sold me and then took my number to call me if she turned up anything good. Thinking she would never call again like all the other people that I had asked about razors, i wrote it off.

Yesterday she called and said she had some old razors for me to look at. There was only an old travel set and a trac two in the case. But then i found a very nice Hoffritz brush and some things called razor towels. They are disposable paper like towels with a picture of a guy shaving on them. They came in a box in two stacks held together by a loop. After some research i assume these were used by barbers or on trains and boats for straight razors to prevent rust.

Anyway the Hoffritz looked pretty rough at first as seen in the first picture but it cleaned up beautifully. There are no scratches cracks or imperfections of any kind and the color is just perfect a deep rich butterscotch I have been looking for one of these for awhile and now i am waiting to see if i want to re-knot it or sell it. Any input would be nice.

So my score comes with a story, I had been at an estate sale looking for razors and other things and the woman running it only had a G-Bar at the time which she sold me and then took my number to call me if she turned up anything good. Thinking she would never call again like all the other people that I had asked about razors, i wrote it off.

Yesterday she called and said she had some old razors for me to look at. There was only an old travel set and a trac two in the case. But then i found a very nice Hoffritz brush and some things called razor towels. They are disposable paper like towels with a picture of a guy shaving on them. They came in a box in two stacks held together by a loop. After some research i assume these were used by barbers or on trains and boats for straight razors to prevent rust.

Anyway the Hoffritz looked pretty rough at first as seen in the first picture but it cleaned up beautifully. There are no scratches cracks or imperfections of any kind and the color is just perfect a deep rich butterscotch I have been looking for one of these for awhile and now i am waiting to see if i want to re-knot it or sell it. Any input would be nice.

That's a great score on that rebranded chubby. The hair looks good. I would not have it knotted.

Just got my first splash in 3 years (previous was wintergreen isopropyl alcohol. :eek: ). Can't wait to try it; it gets rave reviews here.
full

Last edited by a moderator:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member

That's a great score on that rebranded chubby. The hair looks good. I would not have it knotted.

+1

Very nice looking brush... It would look nice with my Hoffritz razor :biggrin:

The hair on it is something that feels like old school very good silver tip hair that is very firm but oh so soft at the tips. And the handle is very heavy, not bakelite.

I scored a D1 Red tip Superspeed in excellent shape off ebay.

arrive yesterday and took it for a spin today.

A super-nice razor... good weight, good balance and WOW - what a shave!

Barry

All arrived today.
Merkur Futur razor - brushed steel
Edwin Jagger medium best badger shaving brush
Edwin Jagger premium shaving cream - sandalwood

Looking forward to trying em all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom