What's new

Acquisitions February 16 - 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrived today....

(Borrowed the picture from Joel)
proxy.php

I'm not sure what I like best about these things; the brush or the case.

Both are excruciatingly beautiful.

Cheers.

Finally purchased a digi camera and so here's a couple for this week! :biggrin:

Ok man...stop showing-off!

Wow that is some amazing stuff Hanspleasure. Thanks for the great pics!

You didn't tell us where you got these treasures, man. Care to let us in on your secret?

Oh and I just love seeing stuff like this when I'm about to post pictures of a Tech...thanks a lot...:biggrin:

Cheers.

Ok, like I said. I am posting pictures of a Tech.

This one is from Argentina. Made in England. Same place as that Coronation set eh? :cool:

proxy.php

proxy.php

You may have seen this poor Tech laying around eBay with no place to go.
I figured I'd give her a new home.
She seems to like it here.

Cheers.

Another modest grab while at Target. Its a blue stoneware bowl (Called a dipping bowl) with soft black bands. Looks good and fits well in the hand. A pot of TOBS fits in it with a small gap. $3.99USD. Good grip while wet and good with smaller brushes. (I have a C&E BBB and Tweezerman)

Was welcomed at the door today with a box from Shave Essentials...
Tabac and Ogallala bay rum shave stick
(plus a grip of samples....)

Okay, it's not fancy, but Scottydoint helped me find an old Stick Schick razor! This was my first razor and brings back a lot of memories! Thanks Scotty!

OK, so a little bit of background. I started wetshaving 3 years ago with an AoS pure badger brush along with AoS lavender shave cream and balm. I really didn't know what I was doing and face lathered up until a couple of months ago.

Through it all, I held onto my Fusion Power. My shaves were better with the real cream but nowhere near what I would get at my occasional straight razor shaves at Belmont Barbers and later T&H.

This December, I switched over to T&H Trafalger cream and balm which I love and am also working my way through numerous T&H and GFT samples.

On Super Bowl Sunday, I (who loves college football and loathes the nfl) decided to avoid the Super Bowl by going to T&H for a haircut and shave and followed my usual routine of pre-shave martini at the Four Season bar, go down a floor to T&H followed by a a return upstairs for a post shave Scotch.

In between, however, I made the decision to upgrade my brush to a T&H medium silvertip and when looking through their extensive brush selection also took note of the line of Merkur razors and received some great advice from the sales person. Back upstairs at the Four Seasons bar, the Super Bowl had started on the television, and one of the first ads was a Gillette ad trying to convince us to throw our $4 cartridges away quicker in order to get a smoother shave. To paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, "I was sitting there, drinking my scotch, and I had what alcoholics call 'a moment of clarity.'"

Next step, stumbling onto Badger and Blade and receiving all of the imparted wisdom within. I've started bowl lathering (use a great two handled soup bowl that I found at the Crate & Barrel outlet) and made the decision to get some real razors. Well, I became locked into a serious buying binge (I can always resell) and picked up the following vintage Gillettes. I also plan on picking up a Merkur 23 at T&H in the next couple of weeks.

1956 Super Speed Red Tip
proxy.php

1960 Fatboy
proxy.php

1962 Super Speed
proxy.php

My wife ordered me some Speick SC and aftershave splash for valentines day, which arrived yesterday~ great stuff!!:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Another modest grab while at Target. Its a blue stoneware bowl (Called a dipping bowl) with soft black bands. Looks good and fits well in the hand. A pot of TOBS fits in it with a small gap. $3.99USD. Good grip while wet and good with smaller brushes. (I have a C&E BBB and Tweezerman)

Nice find! Can you post a picture later.

Thanks.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom