What's new

Acquisitions December 8 - 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

proxy.php

I almost purchased that T&H sampler but I wasn't sure how the packaging worked (being a pouch instead of a bottle). Let us know if you think it was worth the price?

Just got this today from Ram.. Pre-Vulfix Simpson Chubby 1 Super in 2-band. As you can see, incredibly good condition. Thanks Copperhead!

proxy.php

It's HERE!

Tabac Original Luxury Bath Soap
... just 13 calendar days since I placed my order. (Thanks, dridiot ... and the various members that pointed me to him in my quest for this awesome smelling soap!)

I still don't understand why a soap made in Germany has to be ordered all the way from Singapore just so I can indulge myself here in New Jersey ... but so it goes.

I also don't understand what compelled me to pay $16.99 (includes shipping) for a 100g bar of soap. But, I'm not complaining.

Is this a crazy hobby we have, or what?

This is a new acquisition, and to my mind, it may be the ultimate SE razor. The Ever-Ready Streamline Set with razor, stropper and strop. All NIB.

The razor is very heavy the finish is chrome and the quality of the workmanship is just superb.

Here's a picture of the razor (I cribbed this from a post by bpope62) he called it an Ever-ready Jewell.

full

Here are a couple of pictures of my set:

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW..that SE looks stunning, in my view it just beat the G-Bar and took the first place. Nice score.

BTW The handle looks similar to the Star DE razor.

This is a new acquisition, and to my mind, it may be the ultimate SE razor. The Ever-Ready Streamline Set with razor, stropper and strop. All NIB.

The razor is very heavy the finish is chrome and the quality of the workmanship is just superb.

That Ever-Ready Streamline Set is one beautiful SE set....Excellent score!

Another good day. :D
I bought these from BJC:
proxy.php
proxy.php

I was very happy with the price, then I get the package and he threw in these:
proxy.php

and this GEM poster (the tuckaway ad was another purchase I just framed.
proxy.php

I think that poster is so cool. Thanks BJC!!

I also got these feather single edge blades so that I can try my Vallets.
proxy.php

Nice hauls, everyone!

Rodd - do you have a date for the Gem ad? I have that box and razor, but not the razor blade dispenser, and have always wondered what the date was for it.

proxy.php

Aristocrat in box, Travel Tech in leather pouch both from B&B member jtwoods
Flair tip rocket TSD member MTgrayling
Shavemac brush (yes, another one) from B&B member ctr
C&E SAO, MEM olive, 39c slant, feather blades TSD & B&B member Whiskerlips
Palmolive shave stick, and the rest of the blades gratis from B&B member BroJohn

Guys if you are reading this thanks to all of you.

proxy.php

Nice hauls, everyone!

Rodd - do you have a date for the Gem ad? I have that box and razor, but not the razor blade dispenser, and have always wondered what the date was for it.

I just went down and checked. I don't think there is a date on it, but the bottom right corner has a 49 on it, no idea if that might be the year or what it might be, but no copyright or anything on it. Sorry!

It's HERE!

Tabac Original Luxury Bath Soap
... just 13 calendar days since I placed my order. (Thanks, dridiot ... and the various members that pointed me to him in my quest for this awesome smelling soap!)

I still don't understand why a soap made in Germany has to be ordered all the way from Singapore just so I can indulge myself here in New Jersey ... but so it goes.

I also don't understand what compelled me to pay $16.99 (includes shipping) for a 100g bar of soap. But, I'm not complaining.

Is this a crazy hobby we have, or what?

Agreed (but share the bath with someone and it feels like a bargain :tongue_sm)

Well, I didn't think there was anything else coming my way this year but this was hand delivered today from NYC. Thank you Jim.
Here is my newest 1921 Gillette Big Fellow in Silver. It needs a good cleaning but it's a fine way to close out the year for collecting.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom