What's new

Acquisitions August 18 - 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

I have 4 more Razors coming. I've only used the Slim Adjustable in this picture.

Found a pack of Japan market Feathers in a local Japanese specialty market, and a Kent BK8 off the Bay.

It's The Week Of Soaps here in Amsterdam.
All arrived in one day, making tomorrows decision even harder than usual.

First in: a big box of Mama Bear goodies!
proxy.php

Four items ordered and two generous samples in the box.
I am very happy with this delivery!

Sample: Rosemary Mint Glycerin Shave Soap

This is a 100% natural shaving soap, made with pure essential oils. Rosemary and mint are both wonderful for skin and hair, highly antibiotic and fresh smelling. Treat yourself to one of nature's miracles.

proxy.php

I would never have picked this soap myself, but it is a very pleasant surprise.
Rosemary and mint seem to be a harmonious combination!

Last edited:
Sample: Dragon's Blood Glycerin Shave Soap

This mysterious, alluring blend is difficult to describe. With warming notes of amber, incense, Madagascar vanilla and patchouli, our Dragons blood is lightened up with layers of romantic notes such as rose, jasmine and lilac. Finally, this sensual, deep blend is topped off with the colorful, light touches of blood orange and grapefruit.

proxy.php

The site says that this is discontinued because of some problems with sensitive skins.
We'll see ;-)

Last edited:
Ye Olde Barbershoppe Shave Soap

This fragrance reminds me of a beloved grandpa, after a shave and haircut at the barber shop! Heart notes of Amber and Rum with a light top note of musk and Bay make this irresistible! If you are a Bay Rum lover, we bet you will like how this complements Bay Rum blends. This brings back so many fond memories of my two grandpas that it made my eyes tear up. If you remember snuggling your nose into grandpa's collar as he gave you a big hug, and smelling his aftershave and hair tonic, this one is for you!

proxy.php

Turkish Bazaar Glycerin Shave Soap

Inspired by Matthew Schauer's memories of the bazaar in Turkey, this is a blend of frankensence, cedar and apricot.

proxy.php

Tuscan Memories Glycerin Shave Soap

Originally blended as a remembrance of Tuscany, this contains pine, spearmint, eucalyptus, juniper berry, peppermint, oak moss and bourbon geranium. The origional recipe has been lost.

proxy.php

I have just been to Umbria in Italy and this soap smelled like Italy indeed!

Hinoki Wood Fragrance Shaving Soap

Warm essences of blondewood, cedar and patchouly are enhanced with vanilla musk, cinnamon, clove and uplifted with notes of fresh eucalyptus, lavender, orange blossom, jasmine and rose. Hinoki is just so unusual, mysterious and clean, that you will keep smelling this soap all day.

proxy.php

... and on top of all that: Tabac AS and cream.

proxy.php

Tried the cream, found it to be a lousy latherer. But that might improve.
The scent was a positive surprise, I liked it though in my memory the old Tabacs, Fresh Ups and Old Spices smelled horrible. With age come forgiveness ;-)

Sample: Dragon's Blood Glycerin Shave Soap

This mysterious, alluring blend is difficult to describe. With warming notes of amber, incense, Madagascar vanilla and patchouli, our Dragons blood is lightened up with layers of romantic notes such as rose, jasmine and lilac. Finally, this sensual, deep blend is topped off with the colorful, light touches of blood orange and grapefruit.

proxy.php

The site says that this is discontinued because of some problems with sensitive skins.
We'll see ;-)

I just learned that this is a soap with lots of fans and followers on the Reviews.

Wow! Thanks again, Sue!

I just learned that this is a soap with lots of fans and followers on the Reviews.

Wow! Thanks again, Sue!

All great soaps! Nice score! I just used MB Dragon's Blood last night for the first time. No irritation here. It is a wonderful scent that I hope Sue decides to keep in here stock.

DL

I got a B&B Essential for the collection today - with the kind help of professorchaos. Thank you sir :001_smile

regards.

Jakob

Found a couple items while out. An old Rubberset brush for $1.25 (to receive a new knot someday) and a Schick Injector with black bakelite handle for less than $9.

Pictures attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom