What's new

Acquisition Disorder - more...

I read Kyle’s 5/21/06 thread about acquisition disorders or the lack thereof, and wondered… Could this be my future??

My samples from Scotto arrived this week and still, I sought out Tom’s of Maine shaving cream at a local granola store. Were the sample’s somehow infected wth S.C.A.D. or did the mere sight and fragrance just awaken a latent S.C.A.D. gene that lay dormant for decades, unresponsive to shaving gel in a can and triple bladed razors that promised so much yet gave so little?

I never wanted to purchase several different cans of shaving gel. Now I look longingly at each unopened shaving cream sample, and anticipate the next day’s shave.

What is happening to me???? :blink:

Go back to your M3 $$$ shave days ... if you thought cartridges are expensive its nothing compared what your going to spend on SCAD,BAD,RAD ! and not to mention when you get it bad like I do Cologne addiction !!!!!!!!!

Go back while you can... I was going to buy a Macintosh G5 new computer I need so bad I think 30% of that fund was already touched by my new shaving career... ITS BAD!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :biggrin:

Michael,

I think that you are onto something with the whole "sight and fragrance just awaken a latent S.C.A.D. gene that lay dormant." I believe that this goes back all the way to our hunter-gatherer days. This could also explain my very strong desire to lick my almond soap (still fighting it but I don't know how much longer I can hold out).

Kyle said:
This could also explain my very strong desire to lick my almond soap (still fighting it but I don't know how much longer I can hold out).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes i've the urge to take my Vulfix #38 with me when i'm going to sleep but SWMBO you know.....:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Peter

Kyle said:
Michael,

I think that you are onto something with the whole "sight and fragrance just awaken a latent S.C.A.D. gene that lay dormant." I believe that this goes back all the way to our hunter-gatherer days. This could also explain my very strong desire to lick my almond soap (still fighting it but I don't know how much longer I can hold out).

I have the same issues with my D.R Harris Almond. I keep thinking its a fresh baked CAKE ! we are twins............... I knew it :biggrin: :w00t: :w00t:

gmc said:
What is happening to me???? :blink:

The best I can tell, there is something in the leftover pheromones of the Badger (not from the ***-end, as Joel claims, but probably closer to the neck and pituitary gland) that triggers in us 2 malignant dis-orders:
  1. The desire to bring the brush hairs back to our face every 24-hours (this is synched up to a diurnal rhythm and is most likely due to a preponderance of female badger hairs in the brush).
  2. The concomitant desire to bath and scrub these badger hairs with fine English creams (This is due to the presence of male badger hairs, however few, that trigger the cleaning response. Why English creams? Hell if I know, but it must be related to the import of badgers to China during the East India Co. colonization days)
Reports have also come in about the same response, though much subdued, from boar hairs.

Resistance is futile....Prepare to be assimilated

Adding great shaving products to your collection and interacting with a great bunch of guys, what more can you ask for?

Top Bottom