What's new

Acquiring Birdshot

Quick question, I wanna pick up some #8 or #7.5 shot for reloading some target 12 gauge. $50 or less is preferred.

We have a Sportsman's Warehouse near where I live, but apparently they having "difficulties in the supply chain". Management is probably just being slow getting the paperwork together. It was a Field and Stream less than a year ago and changed hands VERY quickly.

Any ideas where I can pick up a bag (or have it shipped to me) at a reasonable price?

Ballistic Products
proxy.php

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Good deal!
There could well be others.

I just had the thought that I recently heard that Rotometals was selling reclaimed shot, but it's no bargain, sounds like you might well have the best price.

My local place is about $39/bag but shipping would kill it.

Good deal!
There could well be others.

I just had the thought that I recently heard that Rotometals was selling reclaimed shot, but it's no bargain, sounds like you might well have the best price.

My local place is about $39/bag but shipping would kill it.

That's what I ended up getting.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Two roads diverged ...

On Shot.

Growing up in Baltimore one of the interesting places my Dad took me was the old Shot Tower, literally the place they made shot for a variety of firearms. Originally there had been four shot towers in Baltimore and the last one is over 200 feet high. When it was built it was the tallest structure in the US. Shot was made by pouring molten lead through screens with various sized holes and falling into a pool of water.

proxy.php

Baltimore also has the first monument to George Washington but that's a story for another day.

Two roads diverged ...

On Shot.

Growing up in Baltimore one of the interesting places my Dad took me was the old Shot Tower, literally the place they made shot for a variety of firearms. Originally there had been four shot towers in Baltimore and the last one is over 200 feet high. When it was built it was the tallest structure in the US. Shot was made by pouring molten lead through screens with various sized holes and falling into a pool of water.

proxy.php

Baltimore also has the first monument to George Washington but that's a story for another day.
I kinda knew how shot was made, but I've never seen a picture of a building where it's actually done. Wouldn't want to be the guy at the top of that tower in the summer though!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I kinda knew how shot was made, but I've never seen a picture of a building where it's actually done. Wouldn't want to be the guy at the top of that tower in the summer though!
There were also shot towers in Philly.

Buying shot seems to be difficult for many. A group of guys I shoot with just got together and made an order for one ton because of the difficulty of finding it locally. Their price after shipping worked out to about $36 a bag.

Top Bottom