What's new

Acquired two new Gillette razors!

A good friend of mine who is a hairdresser gave me two razors yesterday that he has not used in forever. Cleaned up quite nice with a little work.
One looks like a Flair-tip Rocket ?? Made in England with II stamped by handle, the other a gillette G2000 maybe? I really don't have an idea of them but looking forward to trying them!

if anyone has any info on them that would be great!

cheers!

Don

Attachments

• $IMG_0682.jpg
    $IMG_0682.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
The picture is really small, but doesn't look like a Rocket. Looks like a regular Flare Tip Super Speed, they made those in England too.

The other is a Slim Twist, or a G2000 as you said, same thing.

Congrats!

Thanks Edgar, I'm trying to figure out how to make the pic bigger on this iPad. May have to use my laptop

Does it look like the one in the middle?

$1.png

Those are all English Super Speeds.

Or does it look like this, with the gap in the handle (Rocket)?

$CAM02901.jpg

No gap Edgar. Fixed the photo. (i hate ipads!) So no date code on the back... just the II.

May try one today and compare to my DE89l

Yeah it's a nice English Super Speed. Enjoy. [emoji106]

Those don't have date codes, but it's probably from early to mid 60s or so.

Great score. Welcome to B&B. If you are interested in Vintage Razors, there is a minty Tuckaway set sitting in Shoulder to Shoulder down on 9th street. It took all of my willpower to leave it there. The price tag was $160.00, but he was willing to come down a little. It had tiny cracks on both ends of the handle, but that is very common on those razors.

So loaded up a Bolzano and gave it a shot. Very good shave! Different from my DE89, not sure how but different. I'll have to play with it more, try some different blades. I have some Nacets coming from the Italian barber they may be a good fit.

Don

So update... tried a Nacet blade I received today and it seems like a perfect match! The super speed is really a fantastic razor, I understand why people hunt them out. As for the nacet, very sharp but incredibly smooth! Next to try the G2000.

Top Bottom