What's new

Acqua DI Parma

in order to know if a soap is good or not you must try it without a pre shave. they also have pre shave oil though, and its pretty good i use it sometimes with some soaps. recently tried SMN soap also tried ABC soap and AdP soap before. they were all top notch, but i think the SMN is the best. gonna try the tom ford soap soon too, and some of the expensive sebum stuff. i tried the lime it was alright nothing like the soaps mentioned above. also i tried the tonka one from the tonkabean sister company it was better then the lime, top notch, but i would say SMN probably the best i tried so far.

Best in what way? Scent, ease of lather, slickness, after shave skin feel, value, all of the above?

best over all. definetily not scent for sure thats AdP. i didnt really take value into account since all the soaps mentioned are luxury products, but as far as slickness, after shave skin feel, ease of use, its the best out of ABC and the brown bottle AdP. i didnt even know they got a new adp i just found out right now. also its only better by a small margin probably not even noticeable with a mild razor. all are top notch soaps. and all unique in their own way. i was blown away most by the SMN personally. also other SMN products i tried are also top notch like the aftershave and body milk and others. same with Adp other products from them have been top notch.

Ok, Buyer beware...

If you try to order the newer, yellow tub version from allbeauty.com or their eBay store onlinebeautybuys, chances are you'll be sent the brown jar version. Before my last purchase, I sent a message confirming I was getting the yellow one. They said, yes, the one in the pic. I was sent two brown jars. I've been getting into it with them via eBay messenger and they absolutely insist that it's just a packaging difference and it's the same product. We know that it's not the same, but they won't listen. It's really amazing how thickheaded these people are. It's too bad. Their prices are pretty good, but they're digging in their heels on being 100% wrong.

@pork The brown jars aren’t bad, but this is not acceptable. I’ve had success with another UK company before feelunique.com. Their prices are a bit higher but they are a very good vendor with a excellent customer support. You’ll regularly find 20% off coupons by digging around a bit.

Ok, Buyer beware...

If you try to order the newer, yellow tub version from allbeauty.com or their eBay store onlinebeautybuys, chances are you'll be sent the brown jar version. Before my last purchase, I sent a message confirming I was getting the yellow one. They said, yes, the one in the pic. I was sent two brown jars. I've been getting into it with them via eBay messenger and they absolutely insist that it's just a packaging difference and it's the same product. We know that it's not the same, but they won't listen. It's really amazing how thickheaded these people are. It's too bad. Their prices are pretty good, but they're digging in their heels on being 100% wrong.

This really surprises me. When I emailed allbeauty.com explaining to them that they sent the wrong jar (brown) and not the new (yellow) jar, they simply apologized, said it was a warehouse packing mistake, and sent me the correct yellow one. No problem, no questions asked.

Wow, that was never offered to me. She claimed that it was the same product and the packaging was different. I told her I own both and it’s not the same, but she refused to believe me and said the warehouse folks said it was only the packaging that was different. I even sent her pics of both packages. She just didn’t want to hear it.

@pork The brown jars aren’t bad, but this is not acceptable. I’ve had success with another UK company before feelunique.com. Their prices are a bit higher but they are a very good vendor with a excellent customer support. You’ll regularly find 20% off coupons by digging around a bit.

I’ll check them out. Thanks for the recommendation. I am definitely steering clear of allbeauty in the future.

In all, I ordered three jars and got the brown each time. Luckily, they are easy to move at that price.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
best over all. definetily not scent for sure thats AdP. i didnt really take value into account since all the soaps mentioned are luxury products, but as far as slickness, after shave skin feel, ease of use, its the best out of ABC and the brown bottle AdP. i didnt even know they got a new adp i just found out right now. also its only better by a small margin probably not even noticeable with a mild razor. all are top notch soaps. and all unique in their own way. i was blown away most by the SMN personally. also other SMN products i tried are also top notch like the aftershave and body milk and others. same with Adp other products from them have been top notch.

I tend to agree about SMN, it’s just an excellent cream. The scent has even grown on me, I like it now though I was not that hot on it when I first tried it. I am a SR user, and it’s slick and always delivers a great shave. It’s really not that expensive, $81 delivered in the US but that‘s for a described 220ml of cream, which is really more like 250ml.

The new yellow tub AdP is noticeably superior to the last brown tub version. It’s more concentrated and the lather ihas more body to it. Being a SR user the latter doen‘t really matter to me but I imagine that it would if you’re DE. And of course, the new yellow tub is the glorious Colonia scent.

Any idea if these guys are legit?
The price looks too good to be true. They have it listed for $46, plus offering 10% off that, when most other places list it for $85. This means it's more than 50% off. The down side is we have to sign up for an account (which I don't like doing, I generally prefer to check out as guest).

So some of you got the yellow tub version from allbeauty? I ordered recently, expecting the yellow tub, and I got the brown tub. Maybe that one was an outlier? I dunno. I might roll the dice again if getting a yellow tub is possible.
Same happened to me.

Top Bottom