What's new

Acqua DI Parma

Received this today. I will use Wednesday shave with Remembering Sue 2013 Brush than my two Kent Badger brushes. For those that have used ADP. Do you use a pre shave cream?
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
proxy.php

Very nice. An excellent croap with nice oceanic scent. I’ve got multiples of this and the previous Colonia scented version. Waiting for Corolla to go away to order some of the most current version from UK.

I’ve used ABC in the past. First time with ADP. Do you know what is different with the new ADP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s my understanding the current ADP is again colonia scented and the ingredients are basically the same as your version but in different order. I’ve also read the new formulation may be softer in texture. Another member @freeasimo just ordered the new version from allbeauty.com and may be able to share some info.

I’ve used Proraso’s pre-shave before a AdP shave more than a few times. As well as Jaggers Proraso knock off. Both are fantastic pre-shave products that compliment pretty well in the summer in my opinion, but you certainly don’t need them!

It’s my understanding the current ADP is again colonia scented and the ingredients are basically the same as your version but in different order. I’ve also read the new formulation may be softer in texture. Another member @freeasimo just ordered the new version from allbeauty.com and may be able to share some info.

I have the new version too, also ordered from allbeauty.com. Its the one in the yellow tub, smells DELICIOUS and is a FANTASTIC cream. It is soft, softer than the version the OP has. This and Cella Extra Extra Bio are the two best creams I have ever used.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
There have been 3 versions of AdP that I know of, and I have all three. The original Colonia-scented cream was in a brown tub with a chrome dome which @sarimento1 posted an image of, the second version, Collezione Barbiere, which you have and is an aquatic scent, and the third and current version in yellow tub/tube which is again Colonia scented and IMO, performs the best of the three.

First time for me to get the ADP but still pending final delivery. I have not tried ABC but did order a sample of Santa Maria Novella. I was attempted to get a second order of ADP b/c of price but holding out on comparison to SMN.

and the third and current version in yellow tub/tube which is again Colonia scented and IMO, performs the best of the three.
How's the scent strength on the current version? I just shaved with Razorock XXX (a Colonia dupe) today and was reminded of how much I like the scent, but it was too weak for my preferences.

Steve56

How's the scent strength on the current version? I just shaved with Razorock XXX (a Colonia dupe) today and was reminded of how much I like the scent, but it was too weak for my preferences.

It’s likely a bit stronger than XXX, and it persists a bit after the shave. I prefer more lightly scented creams, and for me it’s on the strong side, but it would probably be considered normal strength for most people, maybe a bit stronger. AdP Colonia itself is not a sledgehammer unless you pile on the EdT.

So some of you got the yellow tub version from allbeauty? I ordered recently, expecting the yellow tub, and I got the brown tub. Maybe that one was an outlier? I dunno. I might roll the dice again if getting a yellow tub is possible.

So some of you got the yellow tub version from allbeauty? I ordered recently, expecting the yellow tub, and I got the brown tub. Maybe that one was an outlier? I dunno. I might roll the dice again if getting a yellow tub is possible.

I bought my yellow tub from Bluemercury if it helps at all...

The EXACT same thing happened to me. I emailed them and they sent me the yellow one I originally ordered! Ill be putting the brown up up on BST this weekend.

The EXACT same thing happened to me. I emailed them and they sent me the yellow one I originally ordered! Ill be putting the brown up up on BST this weekend.

Wow, I emailed them and they never offered to replace mine with the yellow tub. They just gave me instructions for returning the brown tub. I sold mine too. I ordered two more tubs and emailed them to confirm it was the yellow ones. They confirmed it was. We’ll see, I guess.

Wow, I emailed them and they never offered to replace mine with the yellow tub. They just gave me instructions for returning the brown tub. I sold mine too. I ordered two more tubs and emailed them to confirm it was the yellow ones. They confirmed it was. We’ll see, I guess.

Good luck! The yellow tub smells wonderful. VERY strong, but wonderful. Its the best performing cream Ive used (I don't count Cella Extra Extra Bio - as thats a croap, and the best at everything!)

Steve56

I’d email them first and make sure of what you’re buying. Their price is typical of AdP in Europe (they’re in UK I believe, so be prepared for an extended delivery time). The price in the US is about 2x.

They’re a good company, I’ve bought from them before in ‘normal’ times.

The brown one might be old stock, so the scent may not be as powerful. Does it have a best by date anywhere on it?

Top Bottom