What's new

Acqua di Parma Yellow vs Brown

Can someone tell me the differences between the Acqua di Parma Yellow and Brown shaving creams?

I'm mostly interested in performance and scent.

Thanks!

In terms of performance: v3 (yellow jar) > v2 (brown jar, brown lid) > v1 (brown jar, silver lid).

v3 and v1 are Colonia.
v2 is aquatic/generic (and relatively muted).

PS. The jar version is slightly different in terms of ingredients, and performs slightly better, vs the tube, ime.

In terms of performance: v3 (yellow jar) > v2 (brown jar, brown lid) > v1 (brown jar, silver lid).

v3 and v1 are Colonia.
v2 is aquatic/generic (and relatively muted).

PS. The jar version is slightly different in terms of ingredients, and performs slightly better, vs the tube, ime.
Thanks! I just tried a sample of the Yellow. Performance was excellent but I think I prefer a more muted scent…and plus Aquatics are my favorite!
I was wondering about the tube vs jar 🤔 Thanks for answering that question before I even asked it!

P.S. The Colonia scent is nice and sophisticated…it’s just not my cup of tea. I’m sure the vast majority of guys would love it.

P.P.S. Houston, we have a problem...I can't find the Brown jar on the Acqua di Parma site 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Have you tried some fragrance websites, they don't always come up in general searches? I swear I saw it recently...

Never mind, it was the tube

Last edited:
Brown jar is discontinued

For me v1 > v3 by a small margin. I Don’t care much about the menthol on the new yellow jar, and I think the lather of the v1 was denser. V3 is still a wonderful product with the lovely Colonia scent, and a much better overall packaging / presentation

I haven’t tried v2.

A generous B&B member is sending me a sample of the Brown!😃
Thank you, sir!
EA4C83FD-C766-4E06-ABC5-6C04D39F1E1F.gif

Top Bottom