What's new

Acqua Di Parma & Tcheon Fung Sing shaving cream - made by the same OEM ?

Just saw some pics of a guy making GREAT or even Überlather with a pot of Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli - he took these pics:

View attachment 253524

Also found this pic - see it's also a 125 ml jar, just like the Acqua Di parma jar is - too good to be true, I'm now 110% sure, that TFS is indeed rebranding or adding a bit of extra ingredients to the $70 priced ADP shaving cream.
I love mine and will get a new one, once I empty mine - but of course would also look for alternatives if the quality is matching for 1/5 of the price or even lower :biggrin1:

$TFS_Scheerzeep___4eabda91a2ab2.jpg

Can't help but notice the pot in these pics looks identical to the pot I own of Acqua Di parma shaving cream:
$10308048-1302167292-955000.jpg
$P1140969.jpg

Anyone who can confirm my suspicion ?
And is any of the TFS creams/croaps/soaps identical in quality to Acqua Di Parma ?

I know it has been said Razo Rock, also made by TFS, should be identical or close to Acqua Di Parma, but also heard that rumor was not exactly true....

But since the pot for the TFS and ADP product is identical, and Aacqua Di Parma don't make its own shaving creams, chances are 99% that TFS is making the shaving creams for Acqua Di Parma - so the quality of the creams should be very close, just like with the Creighton creams, which makes both AOS, T&H, GFT, TOBS and DR Harris creams. Only DR Harris creams seems to be made with a different formula since their creams are a good deal harder than the other Creighton made creams I've tried and owned.

Anyone with any input regarding this matter ?

Last edited:
I've read that the RazoRock XXX is rebranded AdP. Obviously debatable though, just search around and you'll see.

Remember that just because they are made in the same factory it absolutely does NOT mean they're the same soap. In fact, it's probably unlikely that they're the same soap. Most of the large manufacturers have private labeling businesses in order to keep their factory running at full capacity. In these cases, ingredients, purity, consistency etc are specified by the customer. This is extremely common in the food business.

Remember that just because they are made in the same factory it absolutely does NOT mean they're the same soap. In fact, it's probably unlikely that they're the same soap. Most of the large manufacturers have private labeling businesses in order to keep their factory running at full capacity. In these cases, ingredients, purity, consistency etc are specified by the customer. This is extremely common in the food business.

+1 to this. Also, the cost of the jars is nominal, so to mimic AdP's would not be out of line. It is a strange case though, since this sort of thing is really common with companies that don't invest in their own marketing and brand building, but just take elements that they like from other companies. TFS has a brand and I would expect them to specifically avoid using the same jar as someone else, in order to not seem to be copycatting them. Even if they are the OEM, I wouldn't expect them to use the same jar. Peculiar. Anybody have a good relationship with an AdP distributor? Maybe we can find out where the products ship from. To the Batcave!

TFS uses at least four containers right now: their branded containers (the ones shown above), the "refill" containers, the white Cella tubs used for RR "La Famiglia", and the Mondial tubs.

Just found a source, a very trusty source, which can confirm that TFS and Acqua Di Parma is indeed made by the exact same company - Biochimica S.p.A, which also make P160.

So maybe not the same product, but there a good reason as to why they share the exact same pot design :wink2:

Just found a source, a very trusty source, which can confirm that TFS and Acqua Di Parma is indeed made by the exact same company - Biochimica S.p.A, which also make P160.

So maybe not the same product, but there a good reason as to why they share the exact same pot design :wink2:

I wish they would also make one with the AdP scent in the cheaper containers :)

I've read that the RazoRock XXX is rebranded AdP. Obviously debatable though, just search around and you'll see.

I believe that TFS makes RazoRock products but the XXX version has a different scent than ADP Colonia and doesn't perform as well.

Top Bottom