What's new

Acqua di Parma Shaving Cream

AdP shaving cream is available in both a tub and a tube. What if any differences in ingredients, fragrance, and performance are there between the tub and tube?
Tub/Jar: Aqua(Water), Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Silicate, Parfum (Fragrance), Menthol, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Leaf Extract, BHT, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol.

Tube: Aqua(Water), Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Sodium Silicate, Parfum (Fragrance), Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Leaf Extract, BHT, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol.

I have the tub/jar version; I find it slightly denser, compared with, a well-preserved/non-dehydrated typical English/Creightons cream, but way softer/more pliable than a croap such as SMN. I find the scent to be moderate in intensity [not as loud as old Colonia version], with a quality of a modern cologne. I have seen reports elsewhere, describing tube AdP to be a “thin product compared to GFT, DRH, or Penhaligon's”. Furthermore, my understanding is the current tube scent is dialed way down relative to current tub.

Perhaps others will chime in to corroborate and comment on tube vs tub performance.

Last edited:
Had a great shave this morning with my AdP, don't know why people are saying there is no scent ? It smells great, and it is only about 6 months old. Used my Pachuli by SMN AS, then of course AdP balm and followed by AdP Colonia Intensa. Life is good :)

So, if I have a 95% full tub of the classic scent, that's a good thing and I should hang onto it? Sounds like the newer version is garbage.

Has anyone contacted the company or rep and confirmed the scent has been softened or muted rather than going off of joe smoes nose?

So, if I have a 95% full tub of the classic scent, that's a good thing and I should hang onto it? Sounds like the newer version is garbage.

Has anyone contacted the company or rep and confirmed the scent has been softened or muted rather than going off of joe smoes nose?

Yes, keep/hoard/use it sparingly...primarily, just for old-times sake. There are many products now that smell the same and have comparable (if not better) performance BUT they lack being the original ;)

Some time ago, there was an article/interview stating that the change was done so that the cream would be more compatible with the growing number of AdP's fragrance line.

Catie’s Bubbles Ispirazione Di Parma soap - if you can still find it, similar scent for a fraction of the cost.... just sayin'

Attachments

• 20170403_165410.jpg
    20170403_165410.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 29
Coincidentally, I just finished a sample of AdP Collezione Barbiere today. It was very, very nice but I can't answer whether the scent differs from the traditional colonia.

I don't see myself buying a tub of it because of the price, but I wouldn't turn a tub down as a gift!

Top Bottom