What's new

acqua di parma or antica barbieria colla?

Which should I try next?

• Total voters
I want to get opinions on which one is better, especially if you have tried both. I'm trying to decide which luxury shave cream to get next.

With AdP, it looks like they have at least changed the packaging to a yellow jar that appears to be plastic. Does anyone have the yellow one? Can you comment on whether you like it or if the formula has changed since the brown glass jar?

for me without a doubt it has to be ADP. Far more
refined fragrance and performance is great.

I found the ABC a bit small in quantity for the price charged.

Oh hey now, this is an interesting one. I’ve only sampled the ABC, but I loved it. That said, I didn’t buy any after the sample ran out. I did buy AdP after my sample of it ran out!

Both are great. AdP was a bit greater for me though.

I'll rep the minority (so far). I much prefer ABC over AdP. I’ve had much better experience building amazing lather and I prefer the subtle, classic scent.

Do you have pictures of AdP and ABC? :)

Of course!!

adp and antica abc.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Just a little PSA for the thread, there are actually two AdPs and two ABCs currently available.

Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere is the aquatic, fresh scent and has I believe, been discontinued but is still readily available. The current version brings back the Colonia scent and is in a yellow tub. I have not tried this latest version but intend to.

ABC cream has a cherry almond scent and is what people are usually referring to. ABC also makes a hard soap that was never all that popular I think, but performs every bit as well as the cream. It seems only available on the ABC website and comes in a paper-wrapped puck. The scent is almond, no cherry and is very similar to the scent of Boellis Panama 1924

Just a little PSA for the thread, there are actually two AdPs and two ABCs currently available.

Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere is the aquatic, fresh scent and has I believe, been discontinued but is still readily available. The current version brings back the Colonia scent and is in a yellow tub. I have not tried this latest version but intend to.

ABC cream has a cherry almond scent and is what people are usually referring to. ABC also makes a hard soap that was never all that popular I think, but performs every bit as well as the cream. It seems only available on the ABC website and comes in a paper-wrapped puck. The scent is almond, no cherry and is very similar to the scent of Boellis Panama 1924

When I was Rome this past May, the sales rep at AdP told me that the yellow tube is also a reformulatuon. But with that being said, she didn’t really seem to know what had changed or why. Either way I have previously used a sample of the brown label and now I own a full tube of the yellow label and I have found the performance to be pretty much the same. Which was undoubtedly awesome. It’s definitely worth at least a one time splurge.

Top Bottom