What's new

Acqua di Parma Cream--- Review

Gents:

I was at the local Neiman Marcus and noticed that Acqua di Parma now has a shave cream. Being that the cream was 54 bucks, I thought I'd ask for a sample to see how a 54 dollar cream does.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR CASH ON THIS! I found the cream to have little to no scent. The smell was light and almost a faint lemon smell. As far as generating a lather...no problem. I found it easy to swirl this stuff into a nice thick foam. However, it just didnt seem as dense as the good old three T's. As far as lubricity....not bad. I had a nice shave with my HD and Feather blade.

Overall, its not a bad product. But, not good enough for 54 bucks. My feeling is that if it were $25, I would still find plenty of creams I like better for that range.

For me.....I would give it a 6/10. Stong on lather and lubricity. Weak on scent and overall luxury feeling. Not worth the price.

Thanks for the review. I had always been interested in this cream but I was never sure about it,hardly anyone seems to comment on it. In England this costs 35 GBP and that's nearly double the price of the Castle Forbes creams. Looks like you saved me from an expensive mistake.
Warm regards,
Alex

Fifty four bucks? get real ,only suckers or rich posers must buy this product! unless it comes in a 55 gallon drum and a free message,you can count me out! Cheers, DJ.

Dinder1 said:
Fifty four bucks? get real ,only suckers or rich posers must buy this product! unless it comes in a 55 gallon drum and a free message,you can count me out! Cheers, DJ.

FS/FT: Acqua di Parma Shave Cream

Sucke. . .um, rich pose. . .uh,. . .I'm looking to unload 10 tubs of ADP shave cream, lightly used. Poor lather and non-existent scent. Will let go for $53 per tub. Act fast--this great product will be in short demand!

I like it.

signed.......Senor DiParma

Actually I do like it in spite of the price. I've pissed away lots more money on much more useless things.:shaving:

Gents, I'm up here in DC for a few days and swung by Nordstrom who also stocks the ADP cream as well as a gel in a can.

It smelled unremarkable. It was however a very thick cream, more "soapish" than cream.

But for $54 I can bathe with tubs of Taylor's and T&H and still have change leftover and enough cream to shave for a month! Of course if the little vixen trying so hard to sell me a tub had offered a complimentary shave with a straight razor...

I guess I'm the only one that likes this product. It is a little pricey, but it seems to provide me with what I'm looking for: a great shave. After I got use to the thick cream, it worked great for me. Regarding price, it ends up costing pennies a day more. Not really an issue. I like the AS balm even more.

I've used this cream for about a month now. My experience is quite different from the other comments. Because it is very thick out of the tub, I had to experiment with the amount of water I used. Once I got dialed in, it has provided me the best shaves I've had. Thick lather with a great scent. After a month, my skin feels great. Much better than any other product I've used for any extended period of time.

I would not have given it this review the first week of use. It's taken awhile, but for me, this is one great cream. I definately find it worth the price.

EcoRick said:
I've used this cream for about a month now. My experience is quite different from the other comments. Because it is very thick out of the tub, I had to experiment with the amount of water I used. Once I got dialed in, it has provided me the best shaves I've had. Thick lather with a great scent. After a month, my skin feels great. Much better than any other product I've used for any extended period of time.

I would not have given it this review the first week of use. It's taken awhile, but for me, this is one great cream. I definately find it worth the price.

I really thought I had a great shave from the cream...I just wasn't sure the price was justified. You are right, the cream is thick and nice. I wish it had a stronger scent...like the EDT.....then it might be worth the price to me!

Top Bottom