What's new

Acqua di Parma, Collezione Barbiere

Picked some up while Christmas shopping and it is some great cream. Right now it is second in my rotation behind Martin de Candre.

I would like to try MdC one day . Today I tried AdP for the first time and it is very good . One of two I consider the best creams . The other is Castle Forbes lime , haven't tried lavender yet . Overall , AdP has the best presentation but I find Castle Forbes to be the better performer . Price , volume and availability go to CF as well . YMMV

I would like to try MdC one day . Today I tried AdP for the first time and it is very good . One of two I consider the best creams . The other is Castle Forbes lime , haven't tried lavender yet . Overall , AdP has the best presentation but I find Castle Forbes to be the better performer . Price , volume and availability go to CF as well . YMMV

I have CF lavender and AdP Collezione Barbiere, and whilst I love both, I give the edge in performance to AdP. Both lather with absolute ease, smell is personal but AdP judge nudges it, but the main factor for me is that CF doesn't protect or moisturise quite as well. I wouldn't be without either of them but I tend to restrict the CF cream to the milder days.

David

My summer rotation consists of CF Lime, ADP and SMN. Can't wait till summer!!

Fantastic review by Marco!! Goby, mate you are 100% correct, life is too short and men should use these products more often! ADP is one of the very best creams on the market today representing style, quality and luxury!! The only thing if I may add is that the brand belongs to LVMH since 2001, but it's not a bad thing at all as it's still been looked after properly here in the UK!:thumbup1:

Can anyone offer a comparison to nuavia soaps? I have both the blu and verde and will be ordering the rossa soon. Both are simply wonderful, not just scents, but lather quality, quantity, slickness, and hydration. Definitely on another level above MWF, tobs, gft, simpsons. I am very curious about the martin de candre and the acqua di parma, just not sure which I should order first.

Last edited:
my two pennies.

I am one of the few that rates Mdc as just OK. during and post shave do not make it into my top 5.
I tend to lean toward Italian soaps and currently Saponificio Varesino is the top performer in all aspects, however that being said I have recently acquired the Rossa and the Verde, and having somewhat of a shootout and Nuavia well may end up the top of the heap for me.

The AdP is very nice and is on par with both SV and Nuavia, however the during shave residual slickness and post shave is not quite at the same level as the other two.

as to your questions. here is how I would rate AdP compared to Nuavia to MdC. Since the Saponificio Varesino is not in your query

AdP
Latherability 10/10
Quantity 8/10
slickness 8/10
Hydration 9/10
post shave 7/10
Scent profile - Excellent

Nuavia
Latherability 10/10
Quantity 10/10
slickness 9/10 ( should be noted this is the only arena where S.V. beats it )
Hydration 10/10
post shave 10/10
Scent profile: Better than excellent

Mdc
Latherability 9/10
Quantity 10/10
slickness 6/10
Hydration 6/10
post shave 4/10
Scent profile - very nice

Thanks for reply and breakdowns dave. Really helpful. I'm fairly new to wet shaving, just started back in January, and have not yet heard about the Saponificio Varesino. I am going to oook into that based on your statement about it. Thanks again!

my pleasure and welcome to B&B and to a wonderful culture of shaving. ask a question and two things happen

1. you will get a multitude of helpful answers and opinions
2. become enabled to buy them all:thumbup:

Enjoy your shaves!

I've been wanting to try adp for a while now, I've got the Nuavia, SV, SMN, slickness is my first priority I look for those that has tried both SMN and AdP how do they compare?

I've been wanting to try adp for a while now, I've got the Nuavia, SV, SMN, slickness is my first priority I look for those that has tried both SMN and AdP how do they compare?

I have used both these fine Italian creams for years. IMO, Santa Maria Novella is absolutely the most slick cream I've ever used. I prefer AdP's scent but aside from that, SMN rates better on all other counts,especially re: slickness. Its worth the steep price tag in my estimation.

Craig

I have used both these fine Italian creams for years. IMO, Santa Maria Novella is absolutely the most slick cream I've ever used. I prefer AdP's scent but aside from that, SMN rates better on all other counts,especially re: slickness. Its worth the steep price tag in my estimation.

Craig

Thank you, this has helped me in my decision, SMN is one of my favorites, it's rich and you only need a little to make a great lather and one of the slickest I've used.

I like the scent as well. The price for both AdP and SMN are roughly the same but you get 220ml for SMN which is 7.4 FL OZ.

The AdP jar comes in 4.4oz. As far as scent goes I have the SV Colonia which I hear smells very similar to AdP and SV is a great soap as well, thank you for helping me in my decision you just saved me around $80 for now at least =)

Top Bottom